PDA

View Full Version : how to test fan

QuadRacer041
01-11-2006, 04:54 AM
I have done some wiring mods on my 450 like yz starter button, kill switch install, removing lights and nutreal saftey switch removal. I have read a few threads here about some people having problems with there fan not working when doing some of these wiring mods.
Does anyone know of some testing procedures to make sure my fan is working. I know I could probably jump the fan some how to get it running but I want to make sure it comes on if the temp gets high and the temp sensor turns it on. I raced it on sunday and after the race it was not on but its winter time and it might not have needed to turn on.
Anyone know any tests I can do?

01-11-2006, 06:24 AM
Let it sit and idle for a while. It should get hot enough to come on.

kyex40047
01-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Will you could put yor sensor into water and heat that water up to the temp that the fan would kick on and test the restance in it. That way you now if your sensor is good. Also try jumping your fan that will let you know if you have a good motor. As long as you did not mess with any of the wires that go to your fan or your temp sensor it should be fine.

QuadRacer041
01-11-2006, 01:38 PM
i messed with it today and i think its all good.
i unplugged the temp sensor and connected a jumper wire between the wire that goes to the temp sensor and the neg batt terminal.with the key on the fan didnt come on so i started to get nervous but as soon as i start it up and ground out the wire the fan comes right on.