PDA

View Full Version : Oil

kawasaki_ridah
01-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Does everyone's R show low oil most of the time?? cause like it looks low but sometimes it is half way in the glass then others there is like none in there, and i can ride and it will be almost full. the other day i was riding and it wouldn't show any so i got scared and parked it. is the tranny and engine oil in the same glass? cause one of my friends said it would start shiffting hard if it was getting ready to lock up. i guess i will just change it and see if that helps

01-10-2006, 11:27 PM
dont check it while riding or when the engine is running

goldrims04
01-11-2006, 03:56 PM
the moter hold a little under a qt of oil,but if it is almost half way down the glass that is fine.i put a full qt in my moterthats just me

K-Dub
01-11-2006, 04:35 PM
I have always filled mine to the top mark on the glass. And it has used oil since day1, so I add the rest of the quart till the quarts gone then change the oil. The engine is not burning the oil so the only thing I can figure its blowing it out the pcv. Now something that bothers me is the tranny vent hose just being stuck under the gas tank with out a filter. Mine was hooked to the carb when I got it but kept the tranny under pressure. The hole in the carb was not drilled clear through to allow the tranny to breath, I wonder if this was a mess up on honda's part?

kawasaki_ridah
01-11-2006, 05:18 PM
if there is too much what happens?

K-Dub
01-11-2006, 05:53 PM
If you have to much oil in the crank case the crank hits the oil as it rotates and trys to stop it from turning. It puts a pressure onto the crank and crank bearings, if you do it for a little while probaly wont kill it but it wont be good for the longativity(sp) of your engine.

01-11-2006, 06:23 PM
too much oil also casues the oil to bubble up or something and is just as bad as too little oil

01-11-2006, 06:23 PM
too much oil also casues the oil to bubble up or something and is just as bad as too little oil

NaiLBoMB64
01-11-2006, 07:35 PM
i do new oil and filter ever ride $2 bucks for the filter and $ 5 for the oil > but i also only get to ride 2 sundays a month
Motorex oil is working real good for me. transmission oil maxima
clutchsaver formula 80 wt .
the honda oil just did not hold up that good to me !!

kawasaki_ridah
01-11-2006, 07:45 PM
i put Klotz in mine, and like it was showing really low so i got scared and cut it off i don't know why it was low unless it's useing oil. what is the like hose for near the air filter?