PDA

View Full Version : Cant Get My Nerfs On!!!!

WheelieMan4
01-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok for some reason i can not get my nerfs on....i got the black peg/pole things on fine, but then when i slid them on and tried to put the bolt in the hole up front, i couldnt. the two pipes wont go together and i cant get them close enough for the bolts to reach the threads...this is for ac nerfs by the way...please help me

i will get some pics soon

prepracing
01-10-2006, 10:18 PM
could you possibly have the peg/poles on upside down ??? or possibly the wrong nerf bars for your quad ???

mikes400ex
01-10-2006, 10:37 PM
put a ratchet strap on both bars and start pulling together and put the bolts in.had to do the same thing on my ac's.

predator dad
01-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Loosen up the peg mount on each side and it should all come together. Then tighten up the peg mount.

WheelieMan4
01-11-2006, 05:55 PM
i have the poles on the right way, and i have them lose...i think i will try the ratchet idea, thanks alot..

TWISTED
01-11-2006, 07:39 PM
AC=JUNK!!!

CannondaleRider
01-11-2006, 08:27 PM
AC products are notorious for inconsistency

One problem we have on the AC Pro-Peg nerfs(the latest ones) for Cannondales...is that the right nerfs bar, that goes into the front part of the frame, is to long. Causing the right nerf to not be able to slide in far enough to get the bolt to thread. You have to cut about an inch and a half off. Then it slides on fine(with ratchet straps, lol)

Make sure your not having a similiar problem.

DJJ450r
01-12-2006, 05:43 PM
i just got new black line nerfs and they bolted up perfect, bumper was a lil off tho:blah:

WheelieMan4
01-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
One problem we have on the AC Pro-Peg nerfs(the latest ones) for Cannondales...is that the right nerfs bar, that goes into the front part of the frame, is to long. Causing the right nerf to not be able to slide in far enough to get the bolt to thread. You have to cut about an inch and a half off. Then it slides on fine(with ratchet straps, lol)

actually now that i think about it, that is what is happening. the right side is a little bit to long and is causing the left side to not line up properly...i dont know what to do, because there is no way i will be able to cut anything...

WheelieMan4
01-13-2006, 06:25 PM
i finally got them on, i couldnt figure anything else out...so i had my friend come over and with both of us pushing, it finally went close enough...