PDA

View Full Version : scoops....what color?

Pappy
07-06-2002, 02:40 PM
i ordered some scoops from tinner...now what color ya think i should powdercoat them? they should be here early next week..heres the quad...what color?

Pappy
07-06-2002, 02:43 PM
maybe i will do 2 colors..one inside 1 outside.

07-06-2002, 02:49 PM
do outside yellow. inside red :D

07-06-2002, 03:33 PM
black

250rmike
07-06-2002, 03:53 PM
you should get them to match your exhaust and shield. when is the next time that you are going to easton?

LRD_27
07-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Red is going to be very sweet

07-06-2002, 04:03 PM
kenny why not just leave them the alum. color?

man your 400ex is soooo sweet!

i cant wait to ride it when we go to lembo lake on the 20th :D

mysticfalcon
07-06-2002, 09:30 PM
mine are mirror black with prizim powder. Dont copy it we cant look the same at lembo. :)

Pappy
07-06-2002, 09:42 PM
i think im gonna do the outsides red with the insides white. what ya think?

racerx573
07-07-2002, 01:28 AM
Polish them to as much of a mirror finish as possible, then get them powdercoated w/ a translucent blue. I will look like it is anodized and match youur graphics.

Pappy
07-07-2002, 09:42 AM
now thats a good idea...maybe i will send them to chris!!

tinner
07-07-2002, 09:51 AM
I like the raw aluminum myself, especially after a good polishing. Although i have to say that I like the translucent blue idea. Sharp quad by the way.

Jim

Pappy
07-07-2002, 10:04 AM
thanks...yeah i think that idea is a winner. no its off to contact chris!

dingo
07-07-2002, 01:36 PM
Were or How did you get the heat shield that color?
Nice looking quad. I like the transparent blue idea for the scoops by the way. Is that how you got the heat sheild that blue color?

CBW
07-07-2002, 01:52 PM
the transparent color is a good idea....and since the scoops will already be clean,,,and smooth polishing them would be easier,,,and the bue would be real candy looking....i just have about....6 or eight shades of trans parent blue,,,,some with silver flake in them,,,real small flake,,,,and others do not......

powdering in two colors would be tough cause the powder will go around edges,,,and there will be "overspray" attracted to the other side,,,,

polishing and candy colors is the best idea....specially with the color scheme you have on that sweet quad.....

i will pm you a price....

Pappy
07-07-2002, 05:12 PM
ok...it will be in your hands....

Pappy
07-07-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by dingo
Were or How did you get the heat shield that color?
Nice looking quad. I like the transparent blue idea for the scoops by the way. Is that how you got the heat sheild that blue color?

the heat sheild i painted using the duplicolor mirage paint. it has held up real well. its that paint that changes colors in different light. i will be sending that too chris also tho..for a sweet lil polish job!!

CBW
07-07-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127

the heat sheild i painted using the duplicolor mirage paint. it has held up real well. its that paint that changes colors in different light. i will be sending that too chris also tho..for a sweet lil polish job!!

i powdercoated my heatshield,,,,,,,as far as i know it is steel...and if i polish it,,, it will rust, unless it is stainless steel...and i can polish that,,,but i think it is just mild steel.........so powdercoating it to match may be your best bet,,,,,,,

but i could always be wrong,,,,let me know guys,,,,:confused: :)

Pappy
07-07-2002, 08:03 PM
yeah...would be easier to do same as scoops while doing all at once...nevermind me chris...just make them look good!!

dingo
07-08-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS

i powdercoated my heatshield,,,,,,,as far as i know it is steel...and if i polish it,,, it will rust, unless it is stainless steel...and i can polish that,,,but i think it is just mild steel.........so powdercoating it to match may be your best bet,,,,,,,

but i could always be wrong,,,,let me know guys,,,,:confused: :)

Can you show a pic. of your powercoated heat shield

CBW
07-08-2002, 08:29 AM
here is mine.....it is the same color as my frame,,,,,,,,,,,,the color is called "city lights"

it is a combination of mirror black, with a lot of prism powder in it that changes colors as the viewing angle changes.......you can see how it goes from blue to green to yellow to orange,,,,,,,and sometimes is purple and green,,blue ,,,,red,,,,etc....

fooracer
07-08-2002, 12:07 PM
You sould do like translucent blue flames to match the graphics. That would be really cool.

Pappy
07-08-2002, 02:52 PM
hahaha...at first i said " flames" wtf...i dont even like flames...then i said....oh ****...my graphics are nuttin but flames!!i geuss i better slow down on this quad...i cant even remember what i got on it!! maybe tho..that will be up to chris..im not gonna worry...i will let him figure it out!!

PismoGuy400
07-08-2002, 10:36 PM
i say either chrome or the same color as your graphix...either way it would look sweet

Pappy
07-09-2002, 09:21 AM
yep...chrome would rock....but how much does that cost? and who does it?

NJ300ex
07-09-2002, 09:35 AM
Get "almost chrome" powdercoat. It looks like well, almost chrome and chris can do it.

Pappy
07-09-2002, 09:57 AM
i dunno....if its chrome its got to be CHROME!!!!lol!!! i think ive seen that before...i dont know how it would look on such a large area tho??? im sure someone will post a pic for me?

CBW
07-09-2002, 03:19 PM
almost chrome on a large flat area will look like SILVER...it really works best on items like a arms, tierods, swing arms, cases,,,etc...,,,..,...where the light can reflect off the round...or sharp edges

Wired
07-09-2002, 03:34 PM
chris what would the "almost chrome" powder coat look on a 250r frame? since there is a bunch of bends and not that much surface area would it look alright? my brother either wants to make his frame near chrome or that silver vain look cause hes going to maybe put that silver maier plastic on it with a carbon fiber hood scoop. that should look pretty nice i think. whats your thoughts on his idea?

CBW
07-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Wired,,,,,,,
almost chrome on a frame would look good.........but rather than the silver vien .....what about a color called crazy chrome that has the texture of silver vein,but not the dark color in the "vein",,,but is almost as shiney as the almost chrome??

i will try to post a pic,,,,,,well see how it turns out...:confused:

well i tried to scan in a sample of the crazychrome vein,,,and it is so shiney it just looks black,,,so i will have to do something large sometime and post a pic of it...sorry

Pappy
07-09-2002, 04:23 PM
yep...that would look good..ive seen what you are describing.

chris...as soon as my scoops arrive i will send them out to you