PDA

View Full Version : carb problems

Erts400ex
01-10-2006, 04:13 PM
My 400ex has carb problems I know the accelerator pump is leaking. Next step is to rebuild carb. rebuild kit for carb is expensive at local atv store. My question is, would it be better to rebuild or buy aftermarket carb. If so what size and brand would you people recommend, have you done the conversion, and what power gain did you see. I have yoshi pipe and kn filt and jet kit installed.

alexmx22
01-10-2006, 10:44 PM
how much is the rebuild kit? Edelbrock make a sick carb but i hear mixed emotions about it. its not cheap either, i was told it takes a bit to get it dialed in but when you do it rocks.

humblesquirel21
01-13-2006, 09:26 PM
i have the edle brock and i love it but i to have heard the wos of geting it wrong from peopel i personaly love it once u get it set right it never needs adujstmetn and u cna do stuff almost verticly in hill climbs and hard core bank ride stuff plus i love to play around with ground tricks two wheels or one all the time lol
and i absoultly couldnt imagin a better carb and the power in crease coupled with my yosh pipe was incredible it has perfect throatal response and it makes the bike urn so strong i would recomend it for sure u hjust have to be paitient and play with it for a while it took me a mounth to get it perfect once i did wow