PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen this thing?

brian400ex
07-06-2002, 09:04 AM
It is used to suck oil out of your engine. It screws onto the oil fill and it sucks the oil out of your quad. I need one.

MR.EX-TREME
07-06-2002, 09:10 AM
NOPE STILL HAVEN'T----- LOL!! TRY AGAIN!!:huh :huh :devil

MR.EX-TREME
07-06-2002, 09:13 AM
GOT A PIC?? IVE SEEN THE ONE FOR SUCKING COOLANT OUT OF CARS?? IS IT A GREEN PLASTIC BOTTLE WITH A LONG TUBE AND A PLUNGER TYPE PUMP ON THE TOP TO DRAW THE FLUID OUT? THATS THE ONLY TYPE IVE SEEN :confused: :devil

Ex'r Marlin
07-06-2002, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I saw it on some TV channel showing a unit (hand pump) that will remove the oil out of the atv without all that dirty mess. If I remember right, they showed using on a Utility ATV.

Anyway, my concerns are how much it removes? The tube can only go down so far, right? My thoughts that this would be a good tool for the recreational rider, but for avid riders to racers, I don't know. I know when I change my oil, I want as much of the old oil out of there that I can get.

I do not know where you can get the unit, but I guess it is worth trying. (It did not look like it was expensive).

phatswinn
07-06-2002, 09:35 AM
i made my own once for gettin bad gas out of my quad without havign to take stuff apart, just use a 2 liter bottle and drill a hole in the cap to fit some kind of a hose , ye squeaze the air out of the bottle, put the tube in and squeeze the bottle so it sucks it in, it just siphins it out, they also sell siphoners at good 'ol walmart