PDA

View Full Version : 86 250r w/350x conversion

Slinky
01-10-2006, 06:42 AM
Hey guys,
my first post here...i was once an owner of a beautiful 89 TRX250r back in like 98....well dumbass me sold that to get a car...well the quad ended up trading hands a couple times and now actually resides in one of my good friends hands....and this is where the quad i'm looking at comes into play...when my friend bought the quad the guy also had an 86 250R w/ a 350x motor in it....the motor mounts are bolt on and from what he says the frame hasnt been cut into...the guy that owns this bike doesnt ride it and never really has riden it. everything he has is in emaculate condition...also under further inspection of my old quad i noticed that the PEP revalved suspension had been removed and my friend seems to think it is now on the 86...so if i can pick this quad up for under $2000 that i'd be doing allright? i know it has new wheels and tires all the way around on it too, and full 88 250R plastic. I'm really hoping i can snag this thing, its been so long since i've had a quad and i'd love to own another R!
thanks guys!

p.s.....i plan in the future to convert this back to 2stroke like its ment to be!

cdrookie
01-10-2006, 09:33 AM
the RX's aren't bad quads, just kind of heavy and if it's stock, a little underpowered. the 350x engine is pretty bulletproof with just regular maintenance.

slamdak8782
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Do not buy this quad. I can gaurantee you it will be the biggest headache you have ever owned. What do you want. If you want an R buy one that isnt hacked. I bought one of these and it was the biggest peice of crap. Trust me on this one buy what you want not what you want it to be. You will be alot happier in the long run. 250r complete atvs can be had for 2000 Please dont buy it.

hollywood250r
01-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by slamdak8782
Do not buy this quad. I can gaurantee you it will be the biggest headache you have ever owned. What do you want. If you want an R buy one that isnt hacked. I bought one of these and it was the biggest peice of crap. Trust me on this one buy what you want not what you want it to be. You will be alot happier in the long run. 250r complete atvs can be had for 2000 Please dont buy it.

Well, he stated that the intends to turn it back to a 2-stroke. He also stated that the motor has bolt on mounts not frame alterations were made, so how has it been hacked. If you can make sure the fame has not been altered I would try to talk him down and get it. I can get a true R with plenty off goodies on it for less then $2000 these days.

MyKe2g3
01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
I dont think its a good idea to get it because to get that 350x engine in the frame it was altered in some way because i have a 350x in a 250x frame and it was altered to even get it in that and its bigger!! You would do better just waiting on the right deal you can probally find an R for under 2k and fix it to your liking rather than waste money on something u have to put more money making what you want it to be.