PDA

View Full Version : eng. temp gauge?

L.Vegas400
07-06-2002, 04:40 AM
We have got a first timer here. Does anyone know where I could find an eng. oil temp gauge? Here is my plan: remove and re-locate key switch, replace with a temp gauge that is close to the size of the switch hole, and out line with a small piece of brushed aluminum. :cool: I live in las vegas, and only find time to ride when it is 100deg or hotter. I would like a way to keep an eye on the temp. :devil And one more thing. Are there any larger aftermarket coolers or such to keep my quad cooler?

i just had to try the smilies

VegasEx'r
07-06-2002, 05:45 AM
Welcome to the site. I've looked into the same thing you are looking for (since we're in the same boat), but haven't found much. Autometer makes lots of oil temp gauges, but the smallest are 2 1/16" & I don't know how they would hold up under all the vibration, dust, etc. around here.

As far as coolers, there is the Pingry's oil tank that holds an extra quart of oil, and FST makes an oil cooler kit for about $100-115. The FST kit requires drilling & tapping a hole or two in your case, which is why I haven't bought one (yet). I also haven't heard a lot on them. I've also thought about an automotive oil cooler w/ a fan. I may end up going that route.

What part of town do you live in? I'm in the far north end of NLV, so let me know if you want to go riding anytime, or if you want any help w/ maintenance, upgrades, etc.

brian400ex
07-06-2002, 07:57 AM
In the Rockymountain ATV mag. Part number is 40-756. The sensor screws into the drain plug hole. They sell different adapters for different bikes.

L.Vegas400
07-06-2002, 01:16 PM
does rockymountain atv have a web site? i live about 1 mile from the A.F. base. im not sure if you are going to check this again today, but we are trying to have a big shin-dig at armagosa tonight(july 06)on teh side toward the highway. so you have to drill a hole in your case. HHmmm i dont like the sound of that.:(

Social Misfit
07-07-2002, 04:40 AM
you know your 'wheeler probably wouldn't over heat if you weren't pullin jack@$$es around in the sand all the time!!!