PDA

View Full Version : PEP Piggybacks

Lonestar_R
01-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Does anyone have any info on these.....like price and how hard is it to get them...and do they come in standard travel...or only LT...any help from the shock gods would be great....thanks

rookiex
01-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Im looking into getting the PEP ZPS LT with the massive rezzys here come summer time.I hear axis are breaking up an there customer service will be junk.So ive decided to make the switch over to PEP.

Anyone know about the PEP shocks with the massive rezzys on them? they are the top of the line peps.?? I know pep is good but how will they stand up aginist the fully adj custom axis shocks with the mass rezzys.

whoamack22
01-09-2006, 10:30 PM
hey rookie how much you selling that moto for? and do you have a title for it?

rollie
01-10-2006, 04:02 AM
i dont know of you know or not but the PEP rezzy shocks arent true piggyback rezzys, they just have a holder for the rezy on the side of the shock and a shorter oil line, still sick, ill try to find a pic

01-10-2006, 06:06 AM
i am interested in this also...

any pics and info would help...

Hondacrf15
01-10-2006, 06:20 AM
The 'piggy back" PEP that are out now are not piggy backs. They are simply a clamp that holds the ressy at the top of the shock body. Mark and Wayne just wanted to try this set up for R & D. I know Tim was running this set up on a practice bike. I have not spoken with Mark on the outcome of the R & D.
The true PEP "piggybacks" have not been released as yet per Mark. There was a past post that stated they were avalible, however not sure which shock they were talking about.

If you want TRUE info., call Mark @Baldwins 440-224-2734. He'll give you the skinny and release dates.

fandl450r
01-10-2006, 08:09 AM
This is a pic of FHKRacingZ's bike.

rookiex
01-10-2006, 10:29 AM
you mean them giant cans arent what they seem to be?

fandl450r
01-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
you mean them giant cans arent what they seem to be?

Nope just uses a billet clamp with a short resi line. Same technology.

fandl450r
01-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Here's another:

450r51
01-10-2006, 03:00 PM
u have no idea how bad i want those shocks:eek2: :eek2:

R3Concepts
01-10-2006, 03:31 PM
We have a full set of PEP big bottles for sale, all 3. Ready to go...

The Piggybacks are as mentioned above, are the original 8 click bottles with a billet clamp that clamps to the top of the body..On a 450R they are kind of a pain in the arse to adjust the compression since they are so long, you have to kind of bend under the hood to adjust them..PEPs top line of shock would be the PEP ZPS ARC, which all 8 click rear shocks are this, unless its an 8 click Limited Mass setup(rare)..The fronts with the ARC setup is 1650, comes with the 8 click big bottles, and if you are not a Pro National rider, can be a waste. They are the best of the best shocks, but you would never come close to riding them to their potential if you were not a National rider. The 8 click compression only fronts are 1075, and are perfect for any rider up to the fastest "A" riders. The rebound on those shocks is internal and is spot on. They are what we have and still run, and they make you want to go faster and faster.

rookiex
01-10-2006, 04:16 PM
These shocks have no time on them I just got them checked up sunday. The guy from pro action told me they arent even warn enough to rebuild yet so not to waste my time.

How ever concept. Do you think the Axis shocks I have on this front end. Is comparable to that of the PEP big bottle ressys you speak of?

fandl450r
01-10-2006, 07:08 PM
These shocks have no time on them I just got them checked up sunday. The guy from pro action told me they arent even warn enough to rebuild yet so not to waste my time.

How ever concept. Do you think the Axis shocks I have on this front end. Is comparable to that of the PEP big bottle ressys you speak of?

I know you asked R3, but it all comes down to personal preference, people will swear by both that they are the best, but it comes down to you as the consumer which one you want to buy. I've ridden just about all the brands out there, and I LOVE my axis shocks, I currently have a set of the piggybacks on the way. But again its all consumer preference, don't fix something that isn't broke. :)

R3Concepts
01-10-2006, 08:03 PM

We just had those Custom Axis dual adj. and went back to PEPs. The Custom Axis, even though they are 8 click they have no noticable difference..The difference between 1 and 8 on PEP 8 click is a HUGE difference..Axis are valved slow. Even at full out on the rebound, as fast as the fronts would rebound, they are slower then the compression only PEP 8 click that has pre-set internal rebound.

rookiex
01-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Id just like to get a set of PEP's just to feel them out.See how I like them.Ive heard Elka is best PEP an Axis Ive had Elkas I like my Axis better. Now I want to try PEP's.

R3Concepts
01-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Id just like to get a set of PEP's just to feel them out.See how I like them.Ive heard Elka is best PEP an Axis Ive had Elkas I like my Axis better. Now I want to try PEP's.

Buy ours, ready to go in the box.

02-09-2006, 05:26 PM
peps r reali good u should definitly get them. but i heard its takes like amonth