PDA

View Full Version : 300ex oil cooler pics

badass300ex
01-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Anyone have a pic of an oil cooler installed on a 300ex.

dork
01-11-2006, 12:34 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/strato-streak/000_0255.jpg

KEVIN132
01-11-2006, 08:18 PM
my kids bike had a oil cooler .the previous owner had it mounted almost same ,welded fittings on side of oil pump.PUMP COULDNT HANDLE IT AND FRIED THE CAM VALVES ETC!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST WARNING THATS ALL. THESE MOTORS ARE VERY RELIABLE WITHOUT ONE!!!

does anyone have a pic of a chain roller for stock 300ex swinger?????or anyone that makes a nice one!!

MossboysRacing
01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Spend the money and buy a "jagg" oil cooler !! ($180.00) it replaces the oil filter cover! I have had one for YEARS and it helps alot !! you can also send your your oil filter cover to Four Stroke Tech and the will build one for you !! I do not know how much for a 300ex, but some of theirs are like $90.00 bucks !!

If your bike is modified, get one !!! I race my 250x in hare scrambles, and you can tell the difference in the temp during the summer !!

jimmiee
01-11-2006, 09:09 PM
can you give me a link to jagg? never heard of them.

dork
01-11-2006, 10:42 PM
there must have been a flow problem with that one. the 300ex oil pump is the same as the 350x pump, which had a cooler stock, you can see on the 300 sidecover where the bosses are for it. the pump can handle it, there are tons of riders here that will support that. they used to run 2 coolers on the 350x with no problems.

chapmanmd
01-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Dork,

That is a sweet setup. How did you mount it?

bwamos
01-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Been running a FST oil cooler on my 330ex for years without any problems. The oil pump doesn;t even thing twice about it.

It's not moving the oil any higher that it would have without the oil cooler, so there is no added pressure.

I actually have my cooler mounted on the next set of vertical rails back toward the engine. My Sparks pipe doesnt go through there, so there more then enough room (and its far enough away form the pipe that it doesnt heat the oil ;)). I have my remote resivours mounted on the front verticals.

chapmanmd
01-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Been running a FST oil cooler on my 330ex for years without any problems. The oil pump doesn;t even thing twice about it.

It's not moving the oil any higher that it would have without the oil cooler, so there is no added pressure.

I actually have my cooler mounted on the next set of vertical rails back toward the engine. My Sparks pipe doesnt go through there, so there more then enough room (and its far enough away form the pipe that it doesnt heat the oil ;)). I have my remote resivours mounted on the front verticals.

Any chance you could post a pic? Im just unsure how to go about mounting the cooler itself.

Thanks!!!!

MossboysRacing
01-12-2006, 03:51 PM
You can get Jagg oil coolers straight from jagg.com, You can also just buy the cover plate from them ( $65.00 ) and find your own hoses and cooler (jcwhintey for 20 bucks !! ) let me know if I can help any more. Try dennis Kirk for the kits, but they are $$$

dork
01-12-2006, 11:01 PM
i put a strip of serpentine belt behind the cooler where it sits on the frame, then ziptied it on. you can mount it like bwamos or wherever there's good airflow. i've got a 350x motor in mine and the pipe comes out pretty far, so having it out front is the easiest.

bwamos
01-13-2006, 07:12 AM
A cheap transmission cooler thats about 6" x 6", or so works well. ;) What do you think they use... lol. ;)

humblesquirel21
01-13-2006, 07:47 PM
if i worked out some kind of vent (like the 250r hood) and mounted the oil cooler up higher woudl it get enough air. im concerned with the conditions i ride being in michigan snow mud sand dust and graves are common that it will get damaged

ps would an after market bumper in the front with a screen help much just some concerns

i like bwamos idea of geting it deeper in the frame sounds safer for the oil cooler

rooster300ex
01-14-2006, 08:28 AM
I don't understand why the companies that make these coolers for the 300ex don't have pics of there product installed. it makes me furious.