PDA

View Full Version : Help with Results of WB cam

07-05-2002, 09:55 PM
well i put in a WB all around cam when taking out the stock cam i relized i needed to press the decompreser off and other components so i took it to a machine shop he pressed it on my new cam. I noticed on one of the components near the decompreser i noticed was a small knob that looked like it opens the decompression valve and when i recieved it back from the machine shop it had a crack 1/2 way across it, the bonehead i am i stuck the cam in hopping it wouldny sheer off... well i put everything togiether and started it up and Put a #9 sparkplug in (colder) i broke it in and it runs like a champ i put the valve lash to spec. and they sound great..... the right exhuast valve was also stuck open but i new a trick to get it unstuck and it worked..... so it runs like a champ unreal power..... BUT when i go to start it the engine like skips or turns over weird.... ill explain.... ok pretend ur on ur 400ex and put the kill switch off and observe the sound ur engine makes when it starts..... thats the normal sound well when i do it, say every 5 seconds it will make that sound and u have to give it gas on that time or it wont start.....i dont know if this is from the cam or the colderplug..... its very difficult to explain any info is highly appreciated!