PDA

View Full Version : TCS or Works, really need some help guys

Rip_Tear
01-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Well my stockers are totally blown, so I need to buy some front suspension, I can't afford Elka's, wish I could, so it's kind of between Works and TCS... I'm looking at Tripple Rate's, stock a-arms (I don't want to go wider). What are your views, I'm leaning towards TCS only because I've heard more worse about Works.

Chino886
01-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I would say TCS, I have not heard many good things about Works.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-09-2006, 07:28 PM
TCS , no question about it.

ill_lil_romey
01-09-2006, 08:08 PM
TCS!! The highest quality cheap shock money can buy! No really they are good shocks. The only works I would run are the black widows, but they may be above what your looking to spend. I like the idea of duel circulating lines and huge reserviors

luvmyex
01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
if your not racing just get the rec elkas for around 400. of buy used. there are alot of good shocks on here. I got piggy back elkas in front and a tcs rear for about 900 on here. both were in great shape.

400grl
01-09-2006, 09:02 PM
TCS!!!!

Lonestar_R
01-09-2006, 10:15 PM
I have TCS front and rear on my 250R they ride like a dream

400exMO
01-10-2006, 06:12 AM
You said you wanted a cheap shocks, TCS is still expensive. According to their website that is. WHere are you finding cheap ones?

Rip_Tear
01-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for all the info! The only problem with me getting used shocks is finding them, and I have had "problems" with the USA to Canada shipping thing... I don't "race" but I do ride MX, I also trail ride... I should have added that to my first post...

I've gotten quotes for around 800$ CND, 7**$US for just fronts. My rear shock is rebuilt (from someone in Canada). I thought I'd give TCS(most likely) or Works(not now though) a shot and see what they perform like. Elka would be nice because they are in Canada and are really awsome. Will the TCS shocks be good for MX?

I can try and wait as long as possible and see what I can save up for, but I really need to get shocks before the snow is melted so I can get this quad back together.

I'll try checking out the sale's forums and see whats going on in there... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about all the typing, I just really don't know what I should do/can do...

400-416EX
01-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I ran both for mx and the tcs are much better. If you are gonna ride mx make sure you get the rezzies

jacobw
01-10-2006, 05:18 PM
elkas are mass produced tcs will have them setup much better and cheaper go with tcs imo!!!:D

luvmyex
01-10-2006, 06:32 PM
i didnt notice the north of the border thing:D if your doing mx then i would get the rezzi's for sure.And i have had works, now the elkas up front and there IS a big differance. Probably as much over the works as the works were over stock. And i hear that tcs is pretty close or as good as elkas.I cant wait to mount up the tcs rear i got and see how nice that will be.

TBD
01-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Moto49X
thats the dumbest comment ive ever heard. Ive orderd 3 front sets and 2 rear shocks from elka before, and they were the best setup from the factory shocks i have ever bought.

My TCS shocks felt like they were setup for a 500lb rider when i got them, took me awhile to get them tuned in right but once i did they were great.
I guess I out do you. I've tried 4 sets of Elkas and every set went to Todd at TCS because Elkas set up was so far off. One of the first sets of Elkas we tested didn't even have the same pistons in the shocks when we tore them apart.
If you're into poor valving and seal heads leaking then Elka is the way to go. Just because a shock has a killer look doesn't mean that the internals are the same. Tolerances and set ups is what Elka should be concerned about.

R3Concepts
01-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Moto49X
thats the dumbest comment ive ever heard. Ive orderd 3 front sets and 2 rear shocks from elka before, and they were the best setup from the factory shocks i have ever bought.

My TCS shocks felt like they were setup for a 500lb rider when i got them, took me awhile to get them tuned in right but once i did they were great.

Anyone that "stocks" Elkas, meaning on the shelf ready to go at your K&Ks and your East Coasts and your Roll-IMS, goes to show that Elkas are mass produced...

The last time a shop "stocked" PEPs, was well, never.

jacobw
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
exactly there was even a shock writeup that said elkas are mass produced they can get the shock right but they do you think all the pros running elkas for eg joe byrd and doug gust have nolleen do the shocks hmmm??? All elka does is respring and the vavling for a pro or c rider is the same that is why they say if you dont like them they will revalve them for free. They get is fairly close and call it good if you wanna know about shocks read this

http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=37883