PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever ship a quad?

QuadRacer041
01-09-2006, 03:41 PM
anyone know of any freight service's i can check out about shipping a quad?

Tom TRX250R
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Forward Air is the cheapest route I know of to ship quads and motorcycles. You just have to make sure there is a Forward Air hub at your local airport and where your shipping it to. Go to www.forwardair.com for more information. Tom

bwamos
01-09-2006, 03:54 PM
You can also usually get old atv crates from your local dealership.

Aceman
01-09-2006, 05:27 PM
I've used Forward Air's crates for motorcycles before, which makes it really easy for the seller to ship. How are you guys shipping quads with extended arms? Crating? I'm trying to find an easy and cheap way to ship a quad without going through the hassle of making the seller build a crate. It's easier to convince a seller to ship a quad if all they have to do is drop it off without having to find a crate or build one out of a pallet and some wood. I've seen one company that just rolls them into the semi trailer and ties them down, that's it.

QuadRacer041
01-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
I've used Forward Air's crates for motorcycles before, which makes it really easy for the seller to ship. How are you guys shipping quads with extended arms? Crating? I'm trying to find an easy and cheap way to ship a quad without going through the hassle of making the seller build a crate. It's easier to convince a seller to ship a quad if all they have to do is drop it off without having to find a crate or build one out of a pallet and some wood. I've seen one company that just rolls them into the semi trailer and ties them down, that's it.

what company just rolls them in and straps them down?

Aceman
01-09-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't remember now, I found them searching google. Did you finally sell your 310r?

huffdaddy_400EX
01-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
what company just rolls them in and straps them down?

Check with http://www.1aamotorcycles.com/

TheFontMaster
01-09-2006, 06:05 PM
I used foward air when I shiped my 300ex when I sold it. I just drove it to the terminal rolled it into the metal crate, strapped it down and left. Wider quads would ether need a bigger crate than the one I used, or some of the quad would have to be dissasembled.

01-09-2006, 07:38 PM
i got mine through overnite

Ralph
01-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Lou, go with foward air, i shipped a banshee to new mexico and it wasnt too bad, especialy since the buyer paid for it. actualy now that i think of it im not sure if he used foward air but i think so.

Anyways alls we had to do is roll in it, tie it down and put two combo locks on the container.

QuadJunkies
01-10-2006, 12:07 AM
I have used Conway and Allied for crate shipping before. Conway gave us a VERY cheap rate. It cost me MORe to ship a motor than it owuld have been to ship the whole qud to Iowa:huh

QuadRacer041
01-10-2006, 03:03 AM
thanks for the info guys. it looks like forward air is the easiest way.
ralph how wide was your banshee and did you have to take any of it apart?
i might be trading my 250r for a 450 so i will pay to ship mine and the other guy will pay to ship his.

quadmaster88
01-10-2006, 03:55 AM
i work for an air freighting company... DHL...weve had cars come in before, just take the wheels off and strap them down usually... so check with out... i know Fullbore or Laker Customs goes through them... maybe ABX (airborne express) will also do this...

Ralph
01-10-2006, 05:05 AM
the banshee was stock with like a 1 inch offset or something so nothing close to yours but i dont rememeber how much room there was in the crate. Ill ask my dad for you.
which 250r are you trading? the xc one shouldnt have a problem:confused: