PDA

View Full Version : i got in trouble for not saying the pledge...

thrasher_ex
01-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Well every day my school has a moment of silence (for praying) and the school says the pledge of allegiance in unison. Well I'm always quiet out of respect, not because I pray though. And up until last week I would stand when the pledge was said, but not say it. I only stood mainly to keep the teacher off my back. Well about a week ago I'd had enough and decided not to even stand because its just part of the pledge because:

1. i am not religous, i am atheist
2. i believe in the seperation of church and state
3. i hate religion being imposed upon me

So then today I got called to the principal's office. Apparently, it is a law that I am required to stand up - but I don't have to recite the pledge:rolleyes: . So I tell him my stance and my reasons for it, but of course he is totally a dick about it. He's saying things like "It's a law and I'm forced to enforce it" and "Don't do this again or it will require further legal actions since its a law", and that if I didn't stand next time I would get suspended. I just told him I understood and I didn't agree but I will stand.

Well I got home and did a little research. http://www.in.gov/legislative/homepages/R26/media/R26_03112005shr.pdf It plainly states that I have the opprotunity to recite it and I'm not required to stand up nor recite it.

Well I just explained it to my dad and he went ape ****. Bigtime. He says its descraceful, wrong, disrespectful, he thinks im just trying to be a rebel or something, but I'm not, I'm sticking to my beliefs and using my rights.

sorry for the long post lol....
so, whatcha think?

01-09-2006, 03:40 PM
go to mexico, and take them with you:blah:

Hyperwarrior22
01-09-2006, 03:40 PM
I dont mean to be a dick or anything but i dont think this is the best forum to bring this topic up

troutman561
01-09-2006, 03:42 PM
i think u need to stop being a b**** about standing up and u should stand and atleast pretend to show respect for the country u live in and the freedoms people died to get for us.. and btw did u just post this to turn it into a flame war, cause 95% of the ppl on this site will prob feel close to the same way i do

hawaiiansupaman
01-09-2006, 03:43 PM
just because it says "under god" means is religous now????

it was meant for the freedom issue more than any thing.

Hon300ex
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
u live in america, you can stand up for a minute to support the troops in iraq. there fighting for you but u wont even stand up to say the pledge of alligiance. if you dont like the laws here move to india and eat worms or something. im not trying to be mean, but i think u should just stand up and say it. i would also agree with your dad for being mad.

ZeroLogic
01-09-2006, 03:48 PM
I stand up for my country. I don't say the pledge outloud for the god part and plus I can't speak in the morning:blah: but I say it inside.

Just stand up and show some respect for your country.

xx3003xrdrxx
Stand up and support your country you incosiderate little prick. I dont care if you dont believe in god or not , you still show your respect for your Country when you have thousands dying and fighting every day for little ***gots like you that sit there and act like they deserve everything they have while they sit there and dont do jack ****. If you dont have the courtesy to stand up and say the pledge get the hell outta America you little ****.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Tommy 17
i think ur playin with fire and your gonna get burnt... i'm not tryin to sound like an *** here either... but this is what i think...

u don't stand up and show u don't respect this country (thats a sign of dissrespect to alot of people) eventually words gonna get around... kids are gonna start harassing you because u'll stand out in the crowd... your gonna catch alot of crap because its a big thing today to support our country and show your pride...

then your names gonna get around to teachers as being a trouble maker over something stupid... they aren't gonna give u any breaks and anything you do u'll get in trouble for... then when u do get in trouble for it the principle is gonna hammer you because ur makin his job hard and stressful over a few words... anytime u need a break on an extra credit assignment or help on something noones gonna help you because u will be labeled..

your parents are gonna get pissed at you for #1 gettin in trouble at school... and #2 for giving your name and their name a bad reputation... you think their really gonna like their son as being labeled as the trouble maker jackass around town who makes a big deal out of the pledge...

so in the end your screwed... all because u don't like the word god...

thrasher_ex
Originally posted by troutman561
i think u need to stop being a b**** about standing up and u should stand and atleast pretend to show respect for the country u live in and the freedoms people died to get for us.. and btw did u just post this to turn it into a flame war, cause 95% of the ppl on this site will prob feel close to the same way i do

the freedoms they gave us as in freedom of speech? which im using

right to protest? which im using

and no i didnt just post it to make a flame war, i posted it to gather other opinions and reasons and the such.

i have no problem with respecting my country, i love it more than anything else, i would die for it in a second, i just strongly believe in the seperation of church and state and my religous views.

Fender Bender
01-09-2006, 03:49 PM
first of all, i cant even begin to explain your insignificance. you were born in the 90s...have you even hit puberty yet? you arent old enough to have beliefs. dont make such a big deal about it, your thoughts and beliefs will be changing a lot within the next few years. you will also begin to recieve hair in strange places.

build a bridge and get the fock over it.

JDiablo
01-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Its people like you who make this a bunch of religious,political bullcrap,along with how stores and what not can't say,"merry christmas",etc,etc.

Stand your *** up and pick your wedgy or something,but just stand up,im sick of this political i dont believe in god,its against my religion crap.:o

400exrules
01-09-2006, 03:50 PM
dont do it for your beliefs in religion, stand up because you respect the thousands of young and old men who died so you could have have the ability to pledge to the flag

if it wasnt for that flag, we would be having tea time instead....and God knows what else

Pappy
01-09-2006, 03:52 PM
you have the right to do what you wish, and that right was earned by the blood of your forefathers. i show respect every chance i get, but you have the right not too.

if a kid beside me had shown disrespect by not atleast standing, id have punted his head in but that is just me.

zeppelin
01-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
Well every day my school has a moment of silence (for praying) and the school says the pledge of allegiance in unison. Well I'm always quiet out of respect, not because I pray though. And up until last week I would stand when the pledge was said, but not say it. I only stood mainly to keep the teacher off my back. Well about a week ago I'd had enough and decided not to even stand because its just part of the pledge because:

So then today I got called to the principal's office. Apparently, it is a law that I am required to stand up - but I don't have to recite the pledge:rolleyes: . So I tell him my stance and my reasons for it, but of course he is totally a dick about it. He's saying things like "It's a law and I'm forced to enforce it" and "Don't do this again or it will require further legal actions since its a law", and that if I didn't stand next time I would get suspended. I just told him I understood and I didn't agree but I will stand.

Well I got home and did a little research. http://www.in.gov/legislative/homepages/R26/media/R26_03112005shr.pdf It plainly states that I have the opprotunity to recite it and I'm not required to stand up nor recite it.

Well I just explained it to my dad and he went ape ****. Bigtime. He says its descraceful, wrong, disrespectful, he thinks im just trying to be a rebel or something, but I'm not, I'm sticking to my beliefs and using my rights.

so, whatcha think?

you make me sick it doesnt matter if you arent religous or even if your fricken muslim you should stand up out of respect for the country and the people who are dying to protect it, if you dont like it go to cananda

Hon300ex
01-09-2006, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fender Bender
first of all, i cant even begin to explain your insignificance. you were born in the 90s...have you even hit puberty yet? you arent old enough to have beliefs. dont make such a big deal about it, your thoughts and beliefs will be changing a lot within the next few years. you will also begin to recieve hair in strange places.

build a bridge and get the fock over it. [/QUOT

LMAOO that was so funny!! i am still laughing!!

troutman561
01-09-2006, 03:59 PM
lol a good point was brought up, ur only 15, nvm arguing when its with an immature person.. u probably are following some crowd to try to fit in with them and feel cool and not thinking for urself by doing this, because aparently it didnt come from your parents if ur dad got pissed

Pvt. Maggot
01-09-2006, 04:01 PM
I am somewhat netural on this subject, I stand, but do not say the pledge, only because my mom is a vet and I stand in respect for her, I am athiest as well, You can choose to stand or not, as it is your freedom as an american, just as they choose to fight for our country, You have rights and nobody can make you do things you don't want too, but standing for a min or two at the most isn't a big deal, you don't have to say anything, but what does standing for that amount of time keep you from?..As an american you have that right, stand up for it if thats what you believe in. :)

thrasher_ex
01-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
lol a good point was brought up, ur only 15, nvm arguing when its with an immature person.. u probably are following some crowd to try to fit in with them and feel cool and not thinking for urself by doing this, because aparently it didnt come from your parents if ur dad got pissed

yeah thats probably the reason for evey other person thats ever used their rights too, just to fit in.....and no im not trying to fit in or some **** like that im the only one that im aware of. oh idk maybe i made a decision on my own:eek:

Fender Bender
01-09-2006, 04:05 PM
yeah thats probably the reason for evey other person thats ever used their rights too, just to fit in.....and no im not trying to fit in or some **** like that im the only one that im aware of. oh idk maybe i made a decision on my own:eek:

or maybe you hate your father?

nosliw
01-09-2006, 04:06 PM
the korean dorm students at my school do the same thing. and if i catch it, after the pledge i smack them in the back of the head and tell them to show some god damn respect.

if you don't stand up next time, chuck norris is going to come to your house and stomp a mud hole in your ***.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
you have the right to do what you wish, and that right was earned by the blood of your forefathers. i show respect every chance i get, but you have the right not too.

if a kid beside me had shown disrespect by not atleast standing, id have punted his head in but that is just me.

Pappy , after reading over some of your recent posts I have relized you are my kinda guy !:)

Lurch
01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
IMO - Standing up and saying the pledge is saying that you love your country and you believe in what our founding fathers believed in. You are also paying respect for the hundreds of thousands of men and women who died to protect the very same freedoms you are treading all over.

Like I said, it's just my opinion. I also believe this contry was founded by men with a love of God in their hearts. They believed in God and Country. It's funny that the people of this country are trying to remove the very same principles that this country (I believe) was founded on.

Again, it's my opinion that I am free to share. I choose to stand and respect Flag, National Anthem, and the Pledge of Allegiance.

redmanracer
01-09-2006, 04:21 PM
at my school (chicago suburbs) its redicolus...atleast one third of the kids in my class dont stand for the pledge it makes me so angry...

last year during the pledge in my drivers ed class this kid didnt stand up so our teacher asked him why he didnt stand up...like if he was making a political statement or something and the kid just sat theretrying to think of something to say becausehe thought he was cool not standing up but he ended up looking like a dumbass

and just last week i was out in the hall walking to class during the pledge and it started so i put my hand over my heart...then i see the punk rock poser kid put his hand over his but also put also put his middle finger up! so i was like hey a**hole move to mexico and live in a house with dirt floors...needless to say he walked away feeling like a dick...

o4250
01-09-2006, 04:23 PM
I love it when these 14 year old kids say they are athiest, yet after christmas break, the talk about the cool IPOD there mommy bought them for CHRISTmas. I know I'm only 15, but I say the pledge in pride, and hate how most kids my age think its cool to hate their country and **** when they don't even know whats going on.

SGA
01-09-2006, 04:27 PM
I agree with Tommy. You're going to catch a lot of heat for this.

When the pledge is said, I stand up, take my hat off if i'm wearing one, cover my heart with my hand and show respect to the men and women that gave thier life so I could be free to do what I want in this country.

Hopefully one day you will learn what respect really means.

derekhonda
01-09-2006, 04:28 PM
maybe you just need to stop being a piece of **** and show some respect to your country, all religion aside.

sickmojave
01-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Lurch
IMO - Standing up and saying the pledge is saying that you love your contry and you believe in in what our faounding fathers believed in. You are also paying respect for the hundreds of thousands of men and women who died to protect the very same freedoms you are treading all over.

Like I said, it's just my opinion. I also believe this contry was founded by men with a love of God in their hearts. They believed in God and Country. It's funny that the people of this country are trying to remove the very same principles that this country (I believe) was founded on.

Again, it's my opinion that I am free to share. I choose to stand and respect Flag, National Anthem, and the Pledge of Allegiance.

Very well said and I agree with you..;)

redlineranger
01-09-2006, 04:49 PM
just stand up at least......... im not very religous either, but i believe in god and believe in the country we live in..... and u've done got people rialed up on you about bein 15 and complainin, well pipe down cus your givin the rest of us a bad name:mad:

wilkin250r
01-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Let's get a few things perfectly clear.

You didn't get in trouble for not saying the pledge. You got in trouble for not standing during the pledge.

While we are at it, let's be honest. The reason you won't stand up isn't because it's against your beliefs, or you are making a statment, or any other BS excuse. You aren't standing because you are lazy, or you think it's cool, and you think you have an "out".

You are a kid, and thus you do not have the same rights afforded to adults. You can't vote, you do not have freedom of speech the same as other adults, and (in this scenario) you do NOT have the right to remain seated while others stand.

The document that you posted states that you have the opportunity to recite the pledge, but it does not explicitly give you right to remain seated if you choose not to recite. In the absence of specific legislation giving you the right to remain seated, the school is then allowed to make it's own policy.

And if school policy says that you stand, then you stand. It's as simple as that.

Cr85rRida
01-09-2006, 04:53 PM
If you dont want to stand sit. You have your rights. I think you should approach your principle with the document stating its not the law and let him know. Because when the time comes you dont stand up again, its going to get worse.

My science teacher flips out on every one if they talk during the pledge let alone stand. I do not recite it. I stand out of respect and to not cause trouble. Pledging to the flag is pledging you allegiance to a flag, a peice of fabric, even if it symbolizes the country though your still pledging to a peice of fabric. People should be thankful for every thing the troops have done for the country but not pledge allegiance to the country and the rebuplic. they should pledge their allegiance to God.

every one who is hating on this poor kid needs to realize this. Words spoken with mildness turns away rage while words spoken with anger produces hate and rage. If only people can remember this every time they speak out of proportion.

No im not buddhist,muslim or what ever, I am a Jehovah's wittness though. -please dont bash on the preaching eitheir remember Words spoken with mildness turns away rage while words spoken with anger produces hate and rage. I hope this helpd every one out a little bit.

JRP
01-09-2006, 04:56 PM
at my school none of the black kids stand up nor say it.. i always stand up and say it. i honor my country 100%. this one black girl didnt stand up and this white girl just went off on the other person.

wilkin250r
01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
If you dont want to stand sit. You have your rights. I think you should approach your principle with the document stating its not the law and let him know.

But that's just the point. He doesn't have the right.

SB332 from Indianapolis clearly states that reciting the pledge is voluntary, and student can choose not to recite.

It does not explicitly state that he has the right to remain seated.

The school can't force him to recite something against his religious beliefs. But forcing him to stand doesn't violate his beliefs. ;)

theTman
01-09-2006, 05:04 PM
your a lazy sack of....

patatos

xx3003xrdrxx
01-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Ok , you dont have a religion , you dont beleive in standing for your country . You cant even stand your dead *** up for 20 seconds each day . Yah , lemme tell you your a winner.:rolleyes:

Guy400
01-09-2006, 05:43 PM
This doesn't even need to be discussed. Somebody needs to bust you in the mouth and snatch you up and make you stand.

Cr85rRida
01-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
This doesn't even need to be discussed. Somebody needs to bust you in the mouth and snatch you up and make you stand.

:rolleyes:

Wilkin, your right and wrong. It dosent say he has the right to sit, but it dosent say he must stand. And its not gainst his religon to stand but if he chosses not to then he dosent have to the schools dont have the power to make an induvidual to somthing beacuse of their prefrence.....what a mess lol.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-09-2006, 05:56 PM
With all religion aside , standing and saying the pledge is showing loyalty towards ones country , in not doing so youre saying you do not care about your country and do not have any respect for it whatsoever . That is completley ignorant to not stand and say the pledge!!!! IN AN AMERICAN SCHOOL , IN AMERICA , AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN! If your a true atheist I suppse you didnt get anything from mommy and daddy for Christmas correct ???????????????

BLACKeR
01-09-2006, 05:59 PM
yeah he doesnt have to say the pledge if he wants to be a whiney little biatch, he can. if hes so anxious for attention that he has to spit in his countries face, fine. the pledge has nothing to do with religion. if you did that in front of me you would spend the rest of the day holding your teeth in your hands....

Aceman
01-09-2006, 06:00 PM

Wilkin, your right and wrong. It dosent say he has the right to sit, but it dosent say he must stand. And its not gainst his religon to stand but if he chosses not to then he dosent have to the schools dont have the power to make an induvidual to somthing beacuse of their prefrence.....what a mess lol.

The bill if passed says it will give students the daily opportinity to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Standing up apparently, is required by the school. Just like if you don't obey your teacher in class you get in trouble. Like Guy said, what's to discuss? The kid is acting out. There's the kids way and there's the easy way. If he want's to make his life hard, it's no sweat off my back. I definitely think he needs to reconsider his position though.

AtvMxRider
01-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Guy400

Best responce yet:macho

Robin Hood
Originally posted by Aceman
The bill if passed says it will give students the daily opportinity to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Standing up apparently, is required by the school. Just like if you don't obey your teacher in class you get in trouble. Like Guy said, what's to discuss? The kid is acting out. There's the kids way and there's the easy way. If he want's to make his life hard, it's no sweat off my back. I definitely think he needs to reconsider his position though.

Yeah man, even if you don't believe in standing up or whatever, just stand up and you won't get in trouble. And if you get caught not standing up again, just pretend that you fell asleep or something...

Guy400
You can roll your eyes at me all you want but the reason's this kids giving for not standing are bogus. It's not religious to simply stand during the pledge. Hunderds of thousands of men and women gave their lives to defend our Pledge and this punk's choice to not do so spits in the faces of all those that have served. What this kid needs is a good dose of reality and it ought to be his dad handing out the ***-whoopin'.

derekhonda
01-09-2006, 06:07 PM
(cue whiney pre-pubecent voice) "But I don't want to say the pledge...."

AtvMxRider
01-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
(cue whiney pre-pubecent voice) "But I don't want to say the pledge...."

zforcefx
01-09-2006, 06:09 PM
If you cant stand up for a minute out of your day to respect the people who have fought and died for you to be free then you need to pack up your bags and head to another country you selfish sack of sh**.......If you were anywhere within 50 feet of my right now i would knock your head off and laugh.

01-09-2006, 06:13 PM
:rolleyes: You come on here trying to act like a hardasas rebel saying your to cool to pledge, or atleast stand up to the flag.

die.

wildbillz400
01-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Here's my opinion. The pledge was not created for a religious purpose, it was created to show allegiance to your country. You said you would "die for your country in an istant", I doubt you could if you can't even STAND up for it. This country was founded by people who believed in it (America) and God and now every "non-believing" fool is trying to take away everything that this country was based on. If you don't believe in what this country stands for, go find a new one you do belive in. I'm sure Iraq will welcome you with open arms. Then maybe some of our REAL men over their will blast your *** away. At least then you won't have to worry about standing up you lazy F**K

Semper Fi

Cr85rRida
01-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Derekhonda that was unnessecary....
and zforce...relax.
nofear rider...read his post again and then read yours.
wildbillz pledging is worshiping and does have to do with religion.

But to the point, you all have your reasons to be mad at him but did you pay attention the post? He has been respecting the school by standing up, he sat down once and he got called down. He said he wasent going to do it again. I guess he dosent realize the magnituid(sp) of this situtaion.

Guy, i put the smily there to let you know that you shouldnt want to beat up a kid because he sat down once! Isint that what this is about. Go back and re read the post ( not you, everyone) He said he always stood up, he dosent recite it though which is legal, just like you choose to or not to smoke.( if you do or dont)

We clearly established that he has the right not to recite it. How ever you all take that concept into your own hands. But he was asking if he should have gotten introuble ( called down in this case) And I guess legally yes, but morarly(sp) no. If its COMPLETLY against his religion then he has no buisness with the pledge of alligance.

When you pledge your alligance to somthing you are worshiping it, If its against his religon then dont recit it. If its illegal to sit down:rolleyes: then stand up. I stand up because i do respect the country and lives of soilders... If he chooses not too then its his choice and he will pay for his actions i guess.

coolex
01-09-2006, 06:26 PM
you f****n s**k big time

ZeroLogic
01-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Join the army and then I bet you would stand. See what all of the men and women had to do and go through to have you here with the freedoms you posses. There isn't another country in the whole world that has the freedom like America has. You can't even stand. Just say it out loud, skip the god part or don't say god, replace it with something else. Is it really that hard to stand up for a few seconds?

hondardr4life
01-09-2006, 06:34 PM

so, whatcha think?

If you are such a little piece of **** that you cant support our country, then just get the F*CK out. I hate ***gots like you who don't support our country or our troops!! I don't care that you don't believe in God, you will have to deal with that later in life, nor do I care if you support George Bush or not, but have some respect and show some support for your country you little d!ck sucker. And just for your info, I'm not an old man like you are probablly expecting. I'm a 15 year old kid, but I'm not an unrespectfull little ***. Your real cool for being a rebel. If I was your dad I would have beat the ***** out of you.

Cr85rRida
01-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
If you are such a little piece of **** that you cant support our country, then just get the F*CK out. I hate ***gots like you who don't support our country or our troops!! I don't care that you don't believe in God, you will have to deal with that later in life, nor do I care if you support George Bush or not, but have some respect and show some support for your country you little d!ck sucker. And just for your info, I'm not an old man like you are probablly expecting. I'm a 15 year old kid, but I'm not an unrespectfull little ***. Your real cool for being a rebel. If I was your dad I would have beat the ***** out of you.

wow please read some of my post man. Where does he say he was trying to be a rebel, he dosent recite it because its against his religion..he said he would stabd again, just didnt agree. Some of you are going to hate it when you have kids that disrepect you if you cant even read a post about standing and siting during the pleadge. Its quite sickining.

hondardr4life
01-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Good thing I go to an old fashioned school where everyone is respectful to their country. If I was saying the pledge and someone was sitting down next to me, the would get hit harder than I can even describe.

hondardr4life
01-09-2006, 06:47 PM
It isnt against his effing religion because he DOESNT EVEN HAVE A RELIGION. Atheist is NOT a religion! If he doesnt believe in God then why in the hell shoudl he care if he has to say "under God" or not?? Explain that one buddy, If he doesnt believe in God then there shoudl be no signifigance in those words at all to him

St Louis 400ex
01-09-2006, 06:49 PM
YOU S**K I AM IN THE US NAVY AND HAVE TO BE AWAY FROM MY FAMILY EVERY DAY SO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE WERE YOU ARE IN A NICE SCHOOL STAND UP YOU *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 111