PDA

View Full Version : To young to race

Sportrax10
07-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Well im 13 and have a 400ex, i decided to get it and get really good on it and start racing when im 16, because it was either that or get a Sportrax 90 or lt80 and soup it up. Anyway i REALLY wanna race and i dont wanna sell my 400ex for a 90. Are there any Hare Scrambles or anything where the people arnt concearned about your age? (im not a bad rider but i dont care if i come in last place, im not expecting a miracle)

DareDevilQracer
07-05-2002, 08:50 PM
Are you wanting to race XC or MX? Call up local non-GNC tracks and ask about age requirements, alot of tracks will let you ride your 400EX in a race at 13.

07-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Linesvill Pa Pymatuning HoleSHot Raceway Is where i race im 15 and own a 300ex that is for sale Orginization CRA, The cra does not care if your 2 inches tall 400 pounds and Retarded you can hop on any bike of your choice and race it what im saying is check out some CRA tracks.

Sportrax10
07-06-2002, 12:17 AM
2 inches? 400lbs?retarded? r u sure? FINNALY a race track that will fit my needs! J/P i thought the people didnt really care but i wanted to make sure thanks!

Adam496
07-07-2002, 02:42 PM
basicaly any not AMA sanctioned event , i rememer when walden mx in Ny held a NEATV or somthing like that last year and u could be any age

Nausty
07-07-2002, 05:27 PM
yah i've wanted to race for a very long time and still want to and the thing is i've 6'2 180lbs and have a lot of dirt bike and quad expericence and I can't race a quad but a 16 year old midget 100lb midget can race a 500 quad racer with no quad experience. Oh well i'll be 16 next febuary and I won't have to worry about it.

07-07-2002, 06:49 PM
i am 15 and race ama sanctioned events i started when i was 14 i went to the reace and got an ama application and when the asked for id i just said i was new at this and didnt no i needed it and they let me get my ama card and race
but i looked like i was 16

Rip_Tear
07-07-2002, 07:31 PM
Lol. It shouldnt matter about your age, so long as your parent signs something.

MxDale71
07-10-2002, 04:25 PM
I've practiced at a track a few times when I was 15, but I didn't race for my first time till I was 16. I think it's crazy that you have to be 16 to ride anything over a 90! When I was 15, I was 6 feet tall and my 300ex was to small for me. A 90 looks like a Hotwheels toy compared to a 300ex, so there is no way in **** I could have ridden one of those. It would be more dangerous riding a quad when your knees hit the handlebars. Luckily I'm 17 now (just turned 17 yesterday) and everyone says I look older than that, so I don't have to worry about having a parent sign somethihng so that I can race, because my parents don't ever go to my races (I guess they get scared everytime I hit a jump).

flyin#5
07-11-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by chris4w18847
i am 15 and race ama sanctioned events i started when i was 14 i went to the reace and got an ama application and when the asked for id i just said i was new at this and didnt no i needed it and they let me get my ama card and race
but i looked like i was 16

thats how it is around here with the ama they dont really care or pay attention to the rules. just sign up and race. i saw a 12yr old on a 400ex once.

YamaWarr0121
07-15-2002, 10:44 AM
im 14 and went to an AMA race two weeks ago just gonna watch when my friend showed up wiht a broken arm and he wanted to see his R raced so i raced it for him, signed upf or AMA and got my card and everything now im only turning 15 soon

roostin_dale
07-16-2002, 11:34 PM
I am 14 and i race AMA sanctoned races around here....just beg the owners and they will let ya! I race non-AMA scrambles in Illinois and Indiana! I race non-AMA TT in Indiana! I race AMA MX in Illinois! It's not too hard to cheat the ama:D

oynot400
07-17-2002, 08:16 AM
Personally I think it is great that you want to race, but why be in a hurry to get hurt.
I was a local fair race last night and a kid that, "plenty of quad experience" so I was told. Crashed and was air lifted off the track. It was a stupid little crash that he will not forget, as long as he lives. I am not saying that it was his fault or the track, it is just one of those things that happen. There is a reason they only let 16 and older race bigger quads. The track promoter can't tell how much experience you have when you go to sign up. And I agree that there are some older people that do not belong on the track either.
If you are going to race be sure to get ALL the safety equipment, including a chest proctector. If that kid last night would of had one it sure would of saved him alot of pain. :(