PDA

View Full Version : Titanium handlebars on ebay

RedRaider
01-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Has anyone tried those titanum brand handlebars they sell on ebay. They are like the renthal twinwalls. Just wondering if anyone has tried them or if anyone new the demensions of them. I'm trying to find oout how tall they are. I've e-mailed the seller and he never replied.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-NO-RENTHAL-HANDLEBARS-BARS-TITANIUM-1-1-4-CLAMPS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35564QQitemZ4601 819497QQrdZ1

Juggalo
01-09-2006, 01:55 PM
i wouldnt buy em. the link didnt work for me but being titanium i bet they are expensive. they wont offer any advantages over aluminum except they will be a bit lighter but aluminum bars already weigh next to nothing so why bother? plus im sure they have a bunch of disadvantages because their titanium, namely titanium is brittle. it doesnt flex like alumiunum it just breaks. that means if you flip your quad their probably gonna break whereas aluminum bars would bend and they would probably flex back into place but even if they didnt you could at least get back home or finish your race or whatever you need to do ya know. plus since their not as flexible as aluminum it will translate into a lot more vibration coming in from the bars, less shock absorbtion from bumps ect. just stick with some nice aluminum bars.