PDA

View Full Version : first TT race tommorow...any tips??

Ex_Rider43
07-05-2002, 06:14 PM
yes tommorow is my first TT race and im almost stock..I will probably compete with modified banshees and R's.I dont go there to win but just for fun and experience for the future but I will ride as fast as I can..I bought some TT rear tires for this event
but I need informations about the lines that I have to take( this is a stock car track)

thanks for any advice.

TheX1992
07-05-2002, 06:24 PM
coming from a bloodline of stock car racing myself....i would say hug the inside in the corners, and pass on the inside.....otherwise whateveer seems right at the time. ive never races tt or anythign though so i dono

Ex_Rider43
07-05-2002, 06:58 PM
yeah thanks

FullBore52
07-05-2002, 07:10 PM
Dont try to pinch the quad down out of the corners. Let it drift to the outside of the straight. If it feels like its not accelerating like it normally does out of a corner, change your line. Come into the corners as wide as possible, then dive down to the bottom. Brake in a straight line, and by going to the outside, diving to the bottom, you can do this very easily. Its faster to be loose than tight. (loose=sliding the rear tires, tight=front tires pushing) Just run a smart race, wait for the guy in front of you to over drive it, then get under him. Dont overdrive into the corner...and just have alot of fun at it!

raptor_02
07-09-2002, 04:49 PM
I'd tell you not to race a TT race. It is a lazymans race that can't handle a skilled motocross race. It was the best thing that ever happened when atva split the series between TT and MX. There never going to build a quad for TT racing and there isn't a but about 200 or 300 riders at each TT event while MX racing brings in twice as many fans with around 600 riders each event!!!!! Stop the TT racing, it bad for our sport!!!!!!!!!!

roostin_dale
07-09-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by raptor_02
I'd tell you not to race a TT race. It is a lazymans race that can't handle a skilled motocross race. It was the best thing that ever happened when atva split the series between TT and MX. There never going to build a quad for TT racing and there isn't a but about 200 or 300 riders at each TT event while MX racing brings in twice as many fans with around 600 riders each event!!!!! Stop the TT racing, it bad for our sport!!!!!!!!!!

Let him race what he wants!! I have raced TT before and its pretty fun! Yea...MX is better but TT is still fun!! So shut up!

07-09-2002, 05:15 PM
u moron, if tt dissaperad, alot of our sport would be gone, lol, why dont we get rid of drag racing and hill climbing too, u only go in a straight line, yea, its great they split it, now tehre are 2 waterd down champs instead of one man tat is teh best of both'

roostin_dale
07-09-2002, 05:15 PM
Well..my advice is pace yourself! The races are long so be patient! Best place to pass is to pin the throttle in corners and kick it sideways! Or get the INSIDE on a straightaway!

07-09-2002, 06:33 PM
o yea, 1 giant tip, always take a leak before racing

kc 300EX
07-09-2002, 06:44 PM
440-Thats is a VERY good tip

roostin_dale
07-09-2002, 07:32 PM
yea...during my first TT race...in the middle of the first lap i had to take a $H!T.......the rest of the race seemed very very long! LMAO

07-10-2002, 07:42 AM
I think i"ve had to take a piss every time I've lined up at a gate..:eek: I even pissed at the gate before,,,thank god it was a night race..:D

raptor_02
07-10-2002, 09:50 AM
TT racing sucks. The guys with the best setup usually wins. It's not like that in motocross. No matter how good your quad is setup that's won't guarantee you anything!!!!!!!!!

T-R-X
07-10-2002, 11:21 AM
just get the holeshot, and then just keep the lead from there, like nascar. Dont slid out to far(dont go to sideways) in the corners or youll get t-boned(if you lose control), and youll problably need new nerfs. This has happened to me in quad wars before.

roostin_dale
07-10-2002, 12:18 PM
TT racing sucks. The guys with the best setup usually wins. It's not like that in motocross. No matter how good your quad is setup that's won't guarantee you anything!!!!!!!!!

not true........i had a XC setup on my warrior...all i changed was the tires and i ended up gettin 3rd! You need to shut up man! Some people like TT! Some people HATE MX!!!!

07-10-2002, 03:11 PM
tt only sucks for the people who cant race it for sh*t

raptor_02
07-13-2002, 09:18 AM
no you need to shut up man. Some people hate TT racing and I'm one of them!!!!!! I'll express my opinion any time I please!!!!!!! So take your little warrior and start practicing. Maybe next time you will win!!!!!!!!!

330exracer
07-13-2002, 04:03 PM
haha his lil warrior could kick the **** out of ur 400 lol.

FullBore52
07-13-2002, 05:50 PM
I really hate idiots like raptor_02...why dont you just shut your fu(king mouth since you obviously are about as smart as your quad is fast.

kicken250x
07-13-2002, 10:41 PM
dam yall stop bashin the guy for likeing TT racing!! he has a right to his own opinion just like you do and you should respect that!! as for any help i cant giv much cuz i never raced TT but lean way out from you bike in the corners to keep it from flipping and lean way ver the front to keep the front end down through your first gear which should be 2nd...make sure you are in 2nd cuz if you dont click up from N then you feel aweful stupid when every1 else is way out in front and you are still at the line believe me i know!!!
that is all i can think of now...

roostin_dale
07-14-2002, 05:27 PM
My lil warrior could whoop your @$$.....even if it is a warrior, HAVE YOU EVER RODE IT!?!?!?! Its fast for a warrior......and if you can beat that then put your @$$ up against my 400ex!!!! You need to shut your mouth boy!!! This whole post has turned against you! and whats up with your name "raptor_02" you ride a 400ex!

kicken250x
07-14-2002, 10:21 PM
i think some1 should make a "$h!t talkin" forum and allow any cussin you want just for things like this ya know kinda like the one on the metal mulisha site??? what do yall think?

Ex_Rider43
07-15-2002, 07:36 PM
hey raptor_02 if you dont like TT shut up I dont know why your so happy because they split the mx's and the tt's you probably dont race it with your bike because your stock too.

BY the way the track was kind of muddy and I have slicks tires so I finish last:( but I was very close to the others and I was 3rd for more than half of the race before a old guy hit me in the curve ( the guy have mirrors on his bike and was like 50 yrs old)

anyway I make the finall this saturday because last week it starts rainning and I will have new tires for it so I will tell you my results.

raptor_02
07-15-2002, 08:37 PM
I don't really care if this forum does hate me. I have an opinion and I will express it. Keep supporting the stupid TT races and you will never see factory rides for the pros. No team will support tt racing. It brings in about half the money motocross does and about a third of the fans. But you guys like it so whatever. Oh bring your little warrior or your ex on. I love to race, especially when I know I can win!!!!!!!!! Raptor 02 was the name I created when I rode a raptor a few months back and I don't feel like changing it.

roostin_dale
07-15-2002, 09:19 PM
I don't really care if this forum does hate me. I have an opinion and I will express it. Keep supporting the stupid TT races and you will never see factory rides for the pros. No team will support tt racing. It brings in about half the money motocross does and about a third of the fans. But you guys like it so whatever. Oh bring your little warrior or your ex on. I love to race, especially when I know I can win!!!!!!!!! Raptor 02 was the name I created when I rode a raptor a few months back and I don't feel like changing it.

HAHA your funny man:rolleyes: who cares how much money it brings in....as long as your havin fun it doesnt matter!!!! and how do you know you can win! I could probably beat you on my scrambler 4x4 hahaha!!!!!!!!!!:D someone should really beat your
@$$ raptor_02

Oh...better luck next time ex_rider52!! Thats the $H!T$ when someone hits ya!:(

ridered86
07-15-2002, 09:56 PM
i never get into these things but if you need to express ur negative opinion raptor_02 than you can go fuc(k yourself, the man wanted advise not some **** from a punkass kid who hasnt grown his pubic hair yet. rico if you read this delete this punks name because he is nothing but a lame rung out piece of $hit.

oh and ive never raced tt b4 so keep the tips coming sounds fun!

EXflattracker
07-16-2002, 05:27 PM
Man MX doesn't always bring in more money than TT. Down here in the south we have about 100 riders at just a Local TT event and about 4 quads at MX. hmmmm. I race TT and it's very fun. It's all what you like to do, and if you don't like it than just talk about something else. Next time you race be sure not to throw it sideways entering the turn or you will surely get hit. Wait till you get about halfway through the turn and then throw it sideways so the quad lindes up straight with the straightaway and then you can power out of the corners. Hope it helps!!!!!

Ex_Rider43
07-16-2002, 05:44 PM
exflattracker your right here we have a lot more people in TT than in MX (more banshee also but they split 2 and 4 strokes so its ok)

and also do you like your fatboy 4??? the first time a Saw it in dirt wheels I was afraid of it but now I think its a cool looking pipe.

EXflattracker
07-16-2002, 06:19 PM
The FatBoy 4 is a great pipe. Gives a good amount of power with the right jetting and really kicks on mid to top. I would get this pipe again over any other if I got another EX. MY local motor builder says it's the best pipe availbable. If I was you I would definitely get one!

FullBore52
07-16-2002, 06:30 PM
Oh bring your little warrior or your ex on. I love to race, especially when I know I can win!!!!!!!!!

Alrighty...I will bring my EX to you anywhere, any time. MX, sand drag, flat track, hill climb...you name it

QuadJunkies
03-10-2003, 12:34 AM
HELLO PEOPLE!!! :grr I do believe he asked for advice right??? This isnt what he asked for He also said he was not racing to come out the winner(which is always nice hehe):p I didmy first race about amonth ago, and let me tell you, it was the most awesome ride I have ever experienced...what sizre a track you runnin on? this would be a good one for Alky to amswer because I havent had much experience with this yet, I plan on racing in the fall,and hopefully gather enough women racers for a class also... your tires are a good start for the track as would a sway bar..are you running anything besides the tires? Just be safe, and remember its all for fun;)

AtvMxRider
03-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Raptor_02 is just pissed cause he can't race TT. Hell he probably can't race mx either.:blah

dirtmomma
03-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by T-R-X
just get the holeshot, and then just keep the lead from there, like nascar. Dont slid out to far(dont go to sideways) in the corners or youll get t-boned(if you lose control), and youll problably need new nerfs. This has happened to me in quad wars before. Ah hell this is all I did this last season flat trackin LOL & YES it is not good on the nerfs!!:eek: It was my 1st season so I'm trying to get as much practice in as possible so I can get my throttle control down!!! Anyways TT racing looks like a blast I really would like to try it sometime, I don't know why anyone has to knock ANY kind of quad racing it's what we LOVE to do.....I thought thats what this forum was made for:huh :huh So I don't think anybody should be knocking WHAT kind of racing we all do but give everyone credit for getting out there & doing it WHEW I'll get off my soapbox now:uhoh: :blah BTW I'm a lazy womans racer LOL( i guess)

Bean
03-10-2003, 06:41 PM
low, wide, high revvin motor and good brakes are very important parts of a TT quad, pull the holeshot, take the begining of the corner wide, and cut in, this is hard, and i mess up alot trying this, rolled doing it once, and just hammer through the gears, try not to let off, and never ever never never go wide through the whole turn, you will slide into the wall, big no no