PDA

View Full Version : contacted by dude over lybia wanting to buy my 440 ex

weightlifter01
01-08-2006, 08:14 PM
this dude contacts me so I tell him the price he agrees to price no problem.He informs me that his friend or colleague will be sending me a cashiers check for the bike,well a day later contacts me again stating the cashiers check will be for $7,500.00 asking price on my 440 is $3000.00 he asks me if I can western union the remaining amount to his shipping company for him for shipment of the quad and various houshold items. My question is to everyone would you trust a total stranger with that much money and to do you this favor on top of it all western union will ask to see your Id for any transaction over $1,000.00 dollars so If he plans sending something else back that is illegal with the bike (as he stated and various household items)the paper trail leads back to me. Finally his friend that is sending me the cashiers check for purcase of the quad,why isn't he sending the shipping company the $4500 extra himself ?

JDiablo
01-08-2006, 08:15 PM
SCAMMM!!!! stay away

weightlifter01
01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
I Think so to but the bike isn't leaving until I have payment, so he can't scam me on that end.

FourFiftyFour
01-08-2006, 08:18 PM
haha i had a 250x that i sold almost 3 yrs ago and those guys emailed me all the time and i reported them.....some even tried to pose as locals also... i got emails from them over 2 yrs after selling the quad..... some of them tried to call it an automobile...jerks

FourFiftyFour
01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by weightlifter01
I Think so to but the bike isn't leaving until I have payment, so he can't scam me on that end.

you THINK? dude......theres no doubt about it.......its a SCAM

JDiablo
01-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
you THINK? dude......theres no doubt about it.......its a SCAM

True,dont even deal with them.

yamablaster24
01-08-2006, 08:21 PM
this happened to my buddy with a corvette. They sent 11,000 his asking price was 5,000 he sent the 6k back and then found out 11k was fake. He lost 6k in it

weightlifter01
01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
but there sending me a cashiers check and the bike isn't leaving until I have the funds in hand

FourFiftyFour
01-08-2006, 08:28 PM
but there sending me a cashiers check and the bike isn't leaving until I have the funds in hand

LMAO do u not get it dude??? that stuff is fake! There is NO way it is real. I mean this is coming from people who have sold stuff with advertising it online. Seriously you are not right in the head if you think that the cashier's check is going to be for real. Oh it might "go through" but then somethin is going to happen where its gonna be found out as a scam and you will have lost your money and your quad.

mxmama
01-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Do not send him any money...........the cashiers check you receive will appear to be legit but it will not be....all they are really after is the money that you will send him back. This scam has been going on for quite a while on ebay. I repeat.......DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO ANYONE THAT YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY KNOW BY WESTERN UNION.

SGA
01-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Old scam with many variations. Do not fall for it.

whiteflash
01-08-2006, 09:20 PM

ya, but the check will clear, they'll give you the money. You send back the remainder, then a few days later the bank calls and says that the check is really a fake and your responsible for the money. So basically you just gave some stranger 6 grand....dont do it

omaits
01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
That is def a scam. Someone tried to pull that on me and I toyed with him for a few months til I finally sent him the check. The check was a fake one I mad eon teh computer and it had a water mark of the goatsee image. If you dont knwo what that is, type goatsee on a google image search and you will find out.

Rule of thumb, never ever ever ever sell to anyone from out of country. It doesnt make much sense to do so when you think about it.

Aceman
01-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by whiteflash
ya, but the check will clear, they'll give you the money. You send back the remainder, then a few days later the bank calls and says that the check is really a fake and your responsible for the money. So basically you just gave some stranger 6 grand....dont do it

This is EXACTLY how it works. Do yourself a favor and listen to what everyone is saying. I know from personal experience, I repeat, DONT do this. No legit buyer would send you thousands more than required for purchasing/shipping a quad, etc. BUYER BEWARE.

01-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by whiteflash
ya, but the check will clear, they'll give you the money. You send back the remainder, then a few days later the bank calls and says that the check is really a fake and your responsible for the money. So basically you just gave some stranger 6 grand....dont do it thats the scam. some guy from africa tried to pull the same thing on me but I just cussed him out on the phone and laughed at hgim for awhile. then i reported him to the FBI in memphis

Juggalo
01-08-2006, 10:46 PM
DO NOT DO IT!!

go here instead. have a laugh and learn about the scam your being tricked into at the same time

http://www.419eater.com/

weightlifter01
01-09-2006, 05:02 AM
what I will do is when the check comes contact the police or fbi and the bank keep in touch with dude like everything is cool,and let his butt get busted

derekhonda
01-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Wont work, because more than likely he will be from overseas so our government wont help track him down.

Best case scenerio, is have a little fun with him. Tell him you are really interested in making the deal work but you need $100 upfront for crating expenses and what not. Also make him call you long distance and just waste his time, put him on hold, etc.

Try and cost him as much money as you can, he deserves it.

2004exrider
01-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Oldest scam in the book. For the longest time ive been reading of people on here getting scammed (all members of the site) the same way you did! Same thing, a guy from overseas liked their quad, bought it and sent over a few thousand extra had them send the extra back to them, check went bad and the crooks had free extra money and possibly a new quad. DONT FALL FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Jimmy

01-09-2006, 11:43 AM
they dont get the quad, car, boat, jetski or whatever your selling. they just want the money order

weightlifter01
01-09-2006, 01:20 PM
here it is

weightlifter01
01-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah Don't worry I ain't falling for it .I sent him an email stating that someone else is interested and I need a $100.00 cash deposit to hold it.I'm just going to play with him now.Oh by the way he may read this as I have only posted pics of my bike here and at atvncforumns , so he must frequent this and other atv boards

ImWhite
01-09-2006, 01:33 PM
lol some idiots tryd to do that when i sold my crx
they said they were from africa or some **** and they were gonna do the same for me
wow what nice people huh?

weightlifter01
01-10-2006, 06:28 AM
here is the latest email after I informed him I needed a $100.00 deposit.He just doesn't have a clue I'm on to him

steveatv3
01-10-2006, 07:35 AM
yep i got that already!! i had a guy in africa that would arrange pick up for my quad and send me a certified bank or money order

SGA
01-10-2006, 11:30 AM
You could have some fun here. Have him send you the check, but dont cash it. Email him and tell him you are all ready to cash it and you are ready to send the money, but he forgot to sign the check or the year is wrong or something like that. Really string him along.

Or get the check and tell him you have the check and are ready to cash it and send him the money, but you would like to have him send you 100 dollars US currency western union as a "good faith" gesture because you are "unsure" about dealing with someone out of the Country. Tell him when you have the 100 dollars, you will cash the check and send him the money.

redrocker
01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
A Dude from Lybia !
SAY NO MORE