PDA

View Full Version : k&n air filters

07-05-2002, 03:28 PM
i did not read inst. on how to clean the filter do you have to buy that stuff in a can or can you use just soap and water.

Tlongs400
07-05-2002, 03:36 PM
GO TO A LOCAL PARTS STORE AND BUT THE K@N RECHARGER KIT!!:cool:

Tlongs400
07-05-2002, 03:37 PM
SORRY DUDE---DON'T BUT IT---BUY IT---DAHHHH:D

TheX1992
07-05-2002, 06:44 PM
soap and water baddddddd k&n filter oil and cleaner goooood

.....mmmmmmm dooooonnnutttssssss........
sorry just had to put that in there :)

Ex'r Marlin
07-06-2002, 09:11 AM
I strongly recommend getting the K&N air filter cleaner and the K&N air filter oil and follow their directions.

Note: The K&N filter is made of a different material than other filters, requiring a different cleaner and oil.

Special Note: On the bottle it states; NO gasoline cleaning. NO strong detergents. NO steam cleaning. NO high pressure car wash. NO caustic cleaning solutions. NO parts cleaning solvents. Any use of these NO's can cause harm to the cotton filter media, plus shrink and harden the rubber end caps.

Even though there are directions on the bottle.... Which I strongly recommend following, here are some key points: Spray the outside of the filter with the K&N air filter cleaner, let soak for 10 minutes, lightly scrub any large dirt deposits with a toothbrush (again, lightly scrub), then rinse with warm running water from the inside of the filter out. Avoid running the water from outside in! Running the water outside in may cause any dirt particles to get caught further in the filter, and may in time get inside your engine:( Let air dry naturally, never force dry!!! (Usually dries in less than 12 hours). Appy a light coat of K&N oil to the outside of the filter. Let sit for for awhile, then, if required, reapply if any white areas are still visible.

I hope this helps..... I would hate to hear of any engine problems that may have been caused to a damaged air filter!:(

L.Vegas400
07-09-2002, 06:48 PM
out here in Vegas everyone im talked to says not to use a k&N. being that the dust is sooo fine, you have to run a foam prefilter anyway. just costs twice as much. ive thought about getting one anyway so when i go home to kansas, i can take the prefilter off. just my $.02

ridefastrgetoff
07-13-2002, 08:50 PM
Here are some more comparisons between gauze, full-depth foam and paper filters; it appears the foam wins hands down. These charts come from www.westerndiesel.com The filters do not go on the quads but they are designed the same way and have very similiar results to other tests I've seen:

http://www.westerndiesel.com/dsp_ford_filters.asp

Sorry guys/gals, I am unable to copy these charts for you but you can view them at the above link. These charts show:

*** Dirt Fed Airflow Test ***

*** Airflow Test ***

*** % of Dirt Stopping Ability Test ***

These are for Turbo-Diesel applications but in dirt-filled environments, ie., racing in very dusty, dirty, sandy conditions, this is very valuable information.

www.SyntheticsExcel.com

ridefastrgetoff
07-14-2002, 12:18 PM
I was browsing around here and found the K&N Squeeze Oil and Recharger Kit on the following site:

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/ it says it's $ 10.99

This is for all of you folks who have already spent your hard-earned money on the K&N.

www.SyntheticsExcel.com