PDA

View Full Version : mapping

jfarrar30
01-08-2006, 05:17 PM
what will we need tyo do when adding a pipe or doing mods?im coming off a dale so very familiar with mapping just wondering how it works oon the zuk and how the power commander works and all that

ill_lil_romey
01-08-2006, 05:48 PM
According to Suzuki you can add a pipe and filter without a PC. With extensive mods you will need a power commander and different mapping.

mxquadracer
01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
None of us are completely sure what type of programmer may be available to the public...whether it be mapping like the dales have or maybe just installing more aggressive CPU's?

An answer I'm anxiously awaiting as well :p I'm crossing my fingers for a system similar to what the cannon's have

cannondale27
01-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by jfarrar30
what will we need tyo do when adding a pipe or doing mods?im coming off a dale so very familiar with mapping just wondering how it works oon the zuk and how the power commander works and all that

I bet Dobeck or others will have the controllers like the new raptor uses.They are effective.The power commander is a way more capable system but the key to them is to have a very well trained dyno guy to program it for you on the dyno.They are really slick the Dynojet dyno and PC actually communicate with each other.The Dyno program also instructs the operator what RPM and throttle position to run bike at.This is repeated for many points of rpm and acceleration and a map is made automatically.
Knowing the Dales and mapping you know how much trial and error can be involved.This system PC has eliminates that if done right.Then fine tuning can be done by hand like a Dobeck.

TWISTED
01-15-2006, 07:38 AM
I'm new to mapping, but the rep at the show told me this quad has a hidden map built into it if that makes any sense. He said you change two wires around, remove the end cap, and airbox lid and you have 51 hp. Bone stock as it sits he says it puts out 35.

cannondale27
01-15-2006, 07:42 AM
That could very well be!I believe the WR450 from yamaha is detuned the very same way.Switch a wire and a couple other minor things and you have YZF!

TWISTED
01-15-2006, 07:48 AM
I can't wait to ride one. The frame looked like an aftermarket one. This thing is beefy. I even liked the feel of the stock bars.

cannondale27
01-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Yea I need to quit looking at them.Kinda getting the urge to add one to my collection:ermm:

Str8Wicked 74
01-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Just imagine...A Yoshimura full exhaust, K&N, and a Yoshi aggressive map and you'll have a fire breathing monster. Anyone else loving the sport right now?

LT250Racer609
01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Suzuki offers an extra map for an extra cost when you get the quad...the mapping changes the air/fuel miture with a filter and removed lid...the horsepower claims are 10 HP ontop of the stock horsepower...and this is not false its true i was told this by a guy i ride with who owns a suzuki dealership

LTR450_#67
01-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Thats coo...... I guess.... I just want one, today is my birthday and I was hoping to pick it up today, but you know that won't happen.... they need to be released like NOW!! I have a white one being held for me when they come in. I really don't want to wait for the aftermarket stuff too long...the first race I want to attend is April 1st. I plan on getting AC propeg black series nerfs and a full exhaust. I already have rims and tires in the works for it. I'll pry buy that extra map if its not too much.....Yoshimura supposedly has an aggressive chip for it too!

Ride on boys

later