PDA

View Full Version : pc prices

djprettyrick
01-08-2006, 04:35 PM
are those prices including being stripped?

Pappy
01-08-2006, 04:47 PM
all of my prices include us doing all the prep.

the only differences are when a powdercoated frame and sub are sent, then it is an additional $50 charge.

djprettyrick
01-08-2006, 04:56 PM
sounds good..i just had my frame and sub done candy blue by a local shop but he did no silver base.does do candys need silver base?.i havent see it yet but he said it came out like reg. blue..if i send you the frame and sub do you need to strip it back to metal or can you go right over the fresh powder?i spent a fortune and might have to redo it..

Pappy
01-08-2006, 05:05 PM
yes and no

transparents are ideally suited to do on metal that is bright enough to provide a reflective base. unfortunatley steel or chromoly wont cut it with out a chrome or silver base. when it is done over prepepd metal, it will have nothing to provide the transparency the color offers. id atleast take a look at it, you may even like the outcome.

if you do not like it, you have a few choices.

1st, id chat with the shop owner as every box of translucent powder ive ever seen claims clearly that it must be used over a silver or chrome basecoat. its possible he will redo it for you, if not i would avoid giving him more business in teh future. and do not be scared to ask for a refund.

2nd, if you chose to send it here i can work with you on the cost. I hate seeing anyone get jacked over, and making people happy is mopre important then the bottomline in some cases.

keep me posted

djprettyrick
01-08-2006, 07:21 PM
i think ill go with you if i dont like it..let me know how much for the frame,sub and hubs

Pappy
01-08-2006, 07:45 PM
im guessing the best i could do would be around $150 + return shipping, and thats covering my costs only.

djprettyrick
01-14-2006, 04:35 PM
this is how it came out..does this seem right? or do you think he just slapped any blue on there,,,he says it was the candy..but no base

Pappy
01-14-2006, 05:24 PM
if i had to geuss, id say that was bluestreak, not any form of candy blue translucent. even shot over bare steel it is much darker then that.

luvmyex
01-14-2006, 06:47 PM
:huh glad i didnt use that guy:blah:

ny300exrider
01-14-2006, 06:49 PM
dj-did you get it done from a shop on long island? doesnt suprise me:o

djprettyrick
01-15-2006, 12:37 AM
yea dynocoat in holbrook..theyve been in business for 25 yrs..he told me it was gonna be dark..but i didnt think it was gonna be smurf blue..look better in the sun..i wanted this color