PDA

View Full Version : yahoo fantasy GNC MX

Leschj03
01-08-2006, 01:48 PM
I think it would be cool to if yahoo would make a Fantasy GNC MX like the football and baseball, i know it would never happen but i would deff play

Atkins
01-08-2006, 01:52 PM
That could be an awesome progression for this website! Harlen should hire someone to setup a part of the website where you log in with your forum username + password, and make predictions about the upcoming racing seasons, and then the person who racks up the most points by getting the closest gets a few free t-shirts or something at the end of the year!

It would definitely get people more energetic about every race on the forums for sure!

Bush0102
01-08-2006, 01:58 PM
i tried to set something up last year but i couldnt get it all together. No one could agree on how to run it.

Pappy
01-08-2006, 01:59 PM
i was thinking of this the other day also, maybe get sponsors to have prizes to award to the winners?

Bush0102
01-08-2006, 02:07 PM
i would just say everyone picks 3 riders from different "lists". For example, A-list riders would be like Gust, Natalie, Jones, etc.- basically the top 5 from last year, B-List would be like Pat Brown, Dustin Wimmer, Keith Little- basically the 6-15 riders from last year, and C-listers would be like Donald Lysinger, etc- 16-20 riders.

So each person would pick one rider from each "list" each week for the race. Points would be awarded based on finish with bonuses for holeshots, moto wins, and overall wins. Add up the points and of course, whoever has the most wins.

Another suggestion i would have to limit the sheer number of people participating to make it easier for whoever kept track of this would be to limit this to site supporters (ATVRiders patrons) to prevent a big headache.

I dunno, those are just my thoughts.

Atkins
01-08-2006, 03:14 PM
I like Bush's thoughts, but I think we should be able to choose racers regardless of what they finished last year. I like the idea of points for different things like holeshots, laps led, etc. It shouldnt be a big problem as far as volume if the website is setup to do all the calculating, but that might be a ton of code. Bringing the sponsors into it would be an awesome idea, too!

TheFontMaster
01-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I really like that idea. It would deffinaltey be a headache to set up and run tho.:ermm:

Atkins
01-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I really like that idea. It would deffinaltey be a headache to set up and run tho.:ermm:

It would definitely be a headache to setup, but once its up and running smoothly, I dont think much human intervention would need to take place as long as the site is doing all of the math itself. And since pros can sign up the day of the race, only the ones that are there most of the time should even be in the fantasy leugue to keep it easier.

Any idea how much bandwidth this would suck up? Maybe have a $20 entry fee at the beginning of the year to help pay for it and keep it red hot on the forums every Saturday and Sunday throughout the race season?