PDA

View Full Version : installing new throttle cable

brian400ex
07-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Any tips on how do do this. Also would you recomend raising or lowering the needle? It is in the stock location. 158 main jet with T4 slip-on. No air box mods or airfilter mods.

Ex'r Marlin
07-05-2002, 01:50 PM
The only tip I can think of is to remove your air boot/box assy to be able to view inside your air intake of your carburetor and make sure you get full throw of you plunger once you have it installed. Other than that, I can not remember any difficulty assembling the new cable, or having it be at all tricky to install.

Good luck.... And I am sure you will love the feel of your new throttle cable! (At least I sure did!):)

400exRacerX
07-05-2002, 01:55 PM
I just bought a new one today. The only thing I had alittle trouble with was getting it hooked up inside the thumb throttle housing. It was alittle tricking with it being spring loaded.

Ex'r Marlin
07-05-2002, 02:00 PM
BTW, I don't know if I would call this a trick or not..... But I left that "spring" off. (The spring inside the throttle cover that is used on the the throttle arm). I have had it without it for some time now, and I think it helps reduce some of the resistance.

Just thought I'd throw that in there after reading your (400exRacerx) comment.:)