PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Predator Help!!!

NYKFXRIDER06
01-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Alright my bro got a polaris 90 and after 2 weeks of ridind something is wrong.It idles fine and then when you give it gas i doesn't move.It just makes a boging out and slow revlimiter sound.Any help is appriciated,thanks.

NYKFXRIDER06
01-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Does any1 have info

Pappy
01-08-2006, 11:47 AM
have you checked all the obvious stuff?

air filter
fuel
spark plug

if its 2 weeks old i would highly suggest a return trip to the dealer.

NYKFXRIDER06
01-08-2006, 11:50 AM
yea i checked all of those i am planning on bringing it in but i wanted to see if i could get help to fix it myself

QuadJunkies
01-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Sounds like jetting to me .Have you had a big weather change recently to effect the jetting?? Can you post a video clip of what it sounds like, would make it ALOT easier to diagnose,but I would send the dealer to take a peak at it .

mcatvme
01-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Check the roller weights. Sometimes they turn and this will cause the motor to not be able to rev up.

Spike99
01-08-2006, 05:33 PM

Could be stuck rollers, could be dirt in the carb, could be a jetting problem and could even be water in the gas (from natural condension this time of year). Being so new and still under warranty, I'd return it back to the dealer (or the nearest Polaris dealer). Let them spend the time to investigate / fix the problem.

quad mom 1
01-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Our son races one, & it does not like water, so if it's been ridin through water check the stator, they are not sealed well enough from the factory. Sounds just like the problem we encountered. He races GNCC and we have been through 3 this past year. If you have any more ? feel free to email. Go luck:)

Logan #34's Dad
01-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Check the coil - Borrow one from someone just to check it before you buy one.
Rocky D.

Reimer Racing
01-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Try changing the plug might be fooled. The dealer might have added too much oil to the first tank of gas. Our dealer does that on every quad and snowmobile sold just incase the oil pump has an air bubble in the line. Just my 2 cents.

Lugnuts
01-19-2006, 07:17 PM
If it is brand new, I agree with a possible fouled plug. If it has been ridden in wet conditions, definently check the stater and remove and clean inside of flywheel, reseat all connections. Had exactly the same issue with my son's '03, until I found a way to keep him and it out of the mud!

predator dad
01-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Check the stator . It seems to be the most common problem with the Predator. My son's did the same thing. I pulled the plug wire off and there seemed to be moisture in it. I just dried it out and made sure it had a tight fit. It happened after he washed it. Must be carefull when spraying water up front where the plug and stator are. Haven't had a problem since.

NYKFXRIDER06
01-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks i brang it to them and they sed it was a safety cut out swith some stupid electric thing.