PDA

View Full Version : Minimun Wage increase?

xNOILABOYx
01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
did anyone else hear that min. wage is supposed to increase to $7.50? :D ****in schweet... and do u think every1 will be grandfathered in or will they have to quit and re-apply to get the new wage? lol kinda lame but being 16 im pretty pshyc'd about this

01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Its supposed to go up to $7.25, I think.

xNOILABOYx
01-07-2006, 08:47 PM
im not and economics major or anything but wont that screw w/inflation and the worth of the american dollar and all that ****

400exrules
01-07-2006, 08:47 PM
HELL YAH! when is it supposed to? im 17, quit my other job last year and i need to get a new one soon:devil: :D :D :cool:

400exrules
01-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by xNOILABOYx
im not and economics major or anything but wont that screw w/inflation and the worth of the american dollar and all that ****

we gotta pay for these raised gas prices and sh^t somehow...

derekhonda
01-07-2006, 09:14 PM
The standard of living has gone up so much it is about time minimum wage caught up. And yes, it will devalue the dollar, but that happens over time.

450r51
01-07-2006, 09:37 PM
u guys do all know that when minimum wage goes up so do the products the company sells. the company does this to make up for the higher price of minimum wage, so all in all it means nothing cuz ur still paying the same price for the goods.

01-07-2006, 09:40 PM
ding ding ding

j/k does this mean for under the table to:chinese:

kdub33
01-07-2006, 09:41 PM
yea i remember back when i was about 6. The chicken strip baskets at DQ were like $3..now they are like $5.50 its gay as hell when minimum wage goes up, cuz everything else goes up with it

400exrules
01-07-2006, 09:48 PM
so.......does anyone know when the hell this is gonna take affect? it might not happen for 3 years for all we know..

JOEX
01-07-2006, 10:05 PM
It depends on what state you live in. The current Federal minimum wage is $5.15 per hour. All states must meet that minimum standard but I belive some states and/or localities are allowed to pay certain employees a lower wage, i.e. servers in resaurants, because they earn their wages through gratuity (tips).

Many states have a higher minimum wage than the federal minimum wage. Oregon is, as of Jan. 1 2006, $7.50 per hour.

It's too bad work ethic doesn't increase across the board:ermm:

Warnerade
01-07-2006, 11:59 PM
i think minium wage should stay where its at. You want more pay, work harder and earn a raise...or get a better job.

If your getting paid minimum wage, odds are...the work you are doing is also minimum as well.

mrusk
01-08-2006, 09:47 AM
There should not even be a minimun wage! Let the free market set the minimum wage!

XCAdam89
01-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Raising the Minimum Wage does nothing for the economy. New business's that are just starting are going to struggle financially to be able to afford to hire people. Keep it where it is at right now IMO.

Hondadudeehhhh
01-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
i think minium wage should stay where its at. You want more pay, work harder and earn a raise...or get a better job.

If your getting paid minimum wage, odds are...the work you are doing is also minimum as well.

well if all these people try for new jobs who will deliver pizza or flip burgers?

Honda TRX250ex
01-08-2006, 09:58 AM
YAY!:D
now i can go to work and get more money so i can get my 426ex faster!

MotoX3
01-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Good news for every fast food worker:macho

400exrules
01-08-2006, 10:13 AM
ok....doesnt anyone have any factual evidence this is happening? when is it happening? how did you hear it was happening?

z400roosteR
01-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ok....doesnt anyone have any factual evidence this is happening? when is it happening? how did you hear it was happening?
I'm a 100% positive it is already in affect in Oregon, it was posted in the paper and the new banner is already up in my break room at work. http://egov.oregon.gov/BOLI/WHD/docs/engminwage2006.pdf

BLACKeR
01-09-2006, 03:19 PM
being excited about this is more proof that the school system is in the tank, and that its a good thing you cant vote till your 18:rolleyes: its disturbing that people actually think they will be able to afford more things when minimum wage goes up. who will be flipping burgers and delivering pizza? kids, why do people think they should be able to get the money they want no matter what the job. they dont call BK an entrance lever job because your supposed to work there your whole life.

Honda TRX250ex
01-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BLACKeR
being excited about this is more proof that the school system is in the tank, and that its a good thing you cant vote till your 18:rolleyes: its disturbing that people actually think they will be able to afford more things when minimum wage goes up. who will be flipping burgers and delivering pizza? kids, why do people think they should be able to get the money they want no matter what the job. they dont call BK an entrance lever job because your supposed to work there your whole life.
im excited because im 16 and that means ill be getting 7.50 a hour compared to 5.50 a hour. im still going to school though and doing good. and after HS im going to a trade school so dont assume that everyone is gonna drop out of school and think they will survie.

does anyone know when it will be taking effect in PA and NY?

BLACKeR
01-09-2006, 06:06 PM
its already in effect in NY and hamburger prices have already gone up. the reason i said its dumb to be excited about it is because theres the assumption that prices wont go up. for the sake of arguement say you have $1000 and your house cost $100 do you really have anymore money if your have $1100 and your house costs $200? no you dont all you have done is jack prices up across the board. and people wonder why businesses are always shipping jobs over seas. its because the american wage has been artifically inflated by things like this. government always always makes the free market system poorer.

Honda TRX250ex
01-09-2006, 06:12 PM
i know what your saying. i just happy because its going up. and i can get more money faster.

BLACKeR
01-09-2006, 08:03 PM
no LMAO i dont think you know what im saying....:rolleyes:

Warnerade
01-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by BLACKeR
no LMAO i dont think you know what im saying....:rolleyes: your right, he doesnt...

this is just an all around bad idea...

z400roosteR
01-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
im excited because im 16 and that means ill be getting 7.50 a hour compared to 5.50 a hour. im still going to school though and doing good. and after HS im going to a trade school so dont assume that everyone is gonna drop out of school and think they will survie.

does anyone know when it will be taking effect in PA and NY?
Uh i don't think it will be making a 2 dollar jump for you buddy, each state is different that is oregons rate now, it went from 7.35 to 7.50 and we have one of the highest minimum wages in the country:cool:

Honda
01-10-2006, 01:43 AM
yea i remember back when i was about 6. The chicken strip baskets at DQ were like $3..now they are like $5.50 its gay as hell when minimum wage goes up, cuz everything else goes up with it

No, what is Gay as hell, is when everything else goes up except your wage, then your Broke *** is so poor you can't even afford to feed your self!

Take a good look folks, prices are UP, UP, UP.....Wages have barely changed. Companies and their owners are making more money than ever, and employees are getting paid less, working harder and are not getting the health coverage they need for themselves and their families.

Add to that, the fact that all the good paying jobs are being sent to Mexico and China, 700 people laid off today in Kokoma, Indiana by Chrysler, they are sending the jobs to Mexico.

I don't even know why they bothered to send them there anyway, I am sure there are plenty of Illegal’s here willing to work for less.

It ain't pretty, and it is not getting any better.

With Gas prices, and the cost of living these days, I would like to see someone live on $7 anything an hour. I couldn't even fuel my truck for anything less than $10.00

Good Luck!

BLACKeR
01-10-2006, 05:39 AM
the sky is falling the sky is falling!!! the point is your not supposed to live off $7 an hour. and the job market is just fine. if your willing to work hard, it doesnt matter how low minimum wage is, because you wont be there. the issue is government inflated wages, and the fact the people dont know jack about economics, so they think its a good idea.