PDA

View Full Version : Shocks for XC ????

Cannonball08
07-05-2002, 09:15 AM
I started racing XC on my 400 and was wondering what would be good front shocks. I was told by some of my friends that are very good and have been racing XC for years that works Triple rate with cans are all I need. Is this true? I am currently running B class and have hope of moving to A.

P.S. Does anyone have any shocks for sale?

07-05-2002, 09:21 AM
Talk with the boys at quadshop about some nice pissed off elka's,,they specialize in XC racing..:D

Ex'r Marlin
07-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Note: I could be wrong, but some places that hold races may put you in a different class if you have the resevoirs (cans, rezzys, etc.) I think the GNCC races are set up that way. Just something to think about before making the investment.

Good luck with your shock purchase!! And good luck racing!!:)

cdalejef
07-05-2002, 03:42 PM
The only GNCC class that you are not allowed to run rezzy's in is the 4-stroke stock class. IndyGNCC is running the Elka fronts without rezzy's in that class and is running second in points.

Dave400ex
07-05-2002, 07:22 PM
I would get the Elka Triple Rates with Comp. Adjust and SSD like Ex`r Marlin has and what I am going to Order. You should like the Shocks and they will help you ride faster. You could get them from Full Throttle MX, The Quadshop, or C&D Racing. I think the only difference is the Prices. I know for Full Throttle and C&D, Elka themselves sets up the Shocks, and the Quadshop can have Elka do it, or if not they do it. So if you get them from any of those 3, the Shocks should be the same.

MEL
07-05-2002, 09:14 PM
depending on how much money you want to send, works triples w/cans will work just fine if properly set up. i run elka triples w/piggys and like them alot. its your choice, how much cash do you have to spend?

Dave400ex
07-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Do you have Comp. Adjust or Rebound Adjust? Both? Also what about SSD? Have you had any Problems with them in the Woods or anything? Thanks a lot.

MEL
07-05-2002, 09:32 PM
i have triple rate w/piggybacks, comp. only adjustable fronts, w/ ssd and mac daddy rebuild on the back. i have them set up for xc( i race vet a in our local series). i got them from the quad shop. so far they've been great. i still have some fine tuning to do, but other than that, i've been real happy with them.

indygncc
07-05-2002, 09:44 PM
Like Jeff said, I am running the Elka's with out reservoirs for stock class. They are worlds better than works triple rates WITH reservoirs. ( I know from experience) But if you plan on racing and being competitive in a "A" class. You would want to buy Elka's with cans. Get them through the QuadShop. Jeff will help you out with what you need. He wont just try to take your money. If money is a concern get the Elka's with out cans. They are cheaper than the Works w/ Reservoirs, plus higher quality. They are anodized inside like an axis, 5/8 shaft unlike the weak shafts on Works.

Dave400ex
07-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Ok that`s Good to hear because those are the Shocks I am getting ready to Order. I`m glad you have liked them and haven`t had any big problems just needing to Dial them in. Thanks