PDA

View Full Version : I like this....

Rich250RRacer
01-07-2006, 04:00 PM
With the help of Laz from GT Thunder, I'm building something for a friend similar to what's on the dyno graph below. The one I'm building will be a 4mm stroker (w/5mm longer rods), Toomey T-6 pipes, cool head, Stage III porting, V-force reeds, and timing advance plate. Laz says should be good for at least 75 HP at the rear wheels. The graph below shows mainly bolt-on parts except for the porting. Near double the horsepower of stock. This is just plain sick!

1998 Stock Banshee compared to same with stock bore and Toomey pipes, 34mm PJ carbs with 155 main jet, Stage III porting, Cool Head, and Ignition advanced 5 deg.

http://www.geocities.com/gtthunder.geo/banshee.jpg

Mxjunkie
01-07-2006, 04:08 PM
I bet its a wild ride :eek2:

Rich250RRacer
01-07-2006, 04:15 PM
My buddy can't wait for me to get it done, but Laz said 1-2 months on the cylinders. When it's done, we're going to try to get it down to GT Thunder and have Laz put it on his dyno. I really don't have alot of experience with these things except for riding a few slightly modified ones, so this is all kinda new to me. I just can't believe the untapped potenial in these motors. Is it even possible to get this kind of power from a 450 and not have a time bomb on your hands?

Mxjunkie
01-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Not really, thats what makes banshees so popular out in the tunes, you have less things to worry about such as cams, valves. Less things to go wrong.

sycoracer911
01-08-2006, 01:56 PM
go with the t-5's.. the t-5's respond and produce more power when porting and all is involved

Rich250RRacer
01-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by sycoracer911
go with the t-5's.. the t-5's respond and produce more power when porting and all is involved

He already has the T-6 pipes, which I thought were the best that Toomey offered. I'll have to do a little research on this.

flip73
01-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Stock Banshee motors have A LOT of HP hiding in them. Check out bansheehq.com, do a search in the forums. Many of the forums turn into pissing matches on HQ, but a lot of guys there know their $hit. There's tons of info on pipes for Banshees there. T-6's are great pipes, but you'll probably find that t-5's are better for ported motors. Actually, while you're there, search on porting also. It might be worth looking around. I assume when you say Stage III you're talking about Trinity - and I'm not about slamming any company, but you might get more for you $ elsewhere. Good luck with it, it will be sweet whatever you decide!

Rich250RRacer
01-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by flip73
Stock Banshee motors have A LOT of HP hiding in them. Check out bansheehq.com, do a search in the forums. Many of the forums turn into pissing matches on HQ, but a lot of guys there know their $hit. There's tons of info on pipes for Banshees there. T-6's are great pipes, but you'll probably find that t-5's are better for ported motors. Actually, while you're there, search on porting also. It might be worth looking around. I assume when you say Stage III you're talking about Trinity - and I'm not about slamming any company, but you might get more for you $ elsewhere. Good luck with it, it will be sweet whatever you decide!

See my first post here. Porting will be done by GT Thunder. He's done my 250R porting, and after a few calls, I think he has the best porting setup for a Banshee. His dyno results are posted above with my first post.

race-a-holic
01-15-2006, 06:04 PM
I've actually called Toomey,and they actually design their pipes for stock banshees.No porting,aftermarket head,etc...If you are getting it ported and using bigger carbs,there is several pipes that should be better.CPI makes some great pipes.Shearer makes great power too.I've tried T-5's and T-6's.I was very unpleased with the T-6's.It is best to ask (GT)whoever is porting the cylinders to see what they think would be best.Just my 2 cents.