PDA

View Full Version : question on oversized valves

400exmkt
01-07-2006, 03:48 PM
I need to know what kind of gains i would recieve with all the mods in my sig if i did go with bigger valves. Also a place where i could buy them and what all is involved in doing it. Could i keep my cam? Do i need hd springs? any kind of input would be appreciated.
thanks

nakomis0
01-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Oversized valves w/ a 3 angle valve job will get you close to 3hp probably.

I would suggest getting stiffer springs. Then in the future if you want a more aggressive cam you won't have any issues.

I'm not sure why people get less aggressive cams. Have you ever heard a 400ex with a large cam idle. It just sounds awesome. That reason enought for me, not to mention thepower gain..... but anyways...

C&D can get the parts. The angled valve job will need to be done by a local guy/ shop that has the know how. The valves you could do yourself but it is intimidating. So you may need someone to do those.

3 angle valve job, Oversized valves (/w shortened valve guides, i think) and hd springs.

atvracer980
01-08-2006, 11:12 AM
I run a TC Racing 928 cam in my 400ex, its noticible power increase and with my idle set at stock setting, it sounds like a full race street car and wont stay running so I need to turn the idle up to compensate the cam, I remove the muffler and it sounds like a big block cammed out chevy-lol

400exmkt
01-08-2006, 02:42 PM
so i should look at something different than my hot cam stage 2 (old)???

K_Fulk
01-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I would look into the megacycle x-2 or the web 479.

EPDP99
01-08-2006, 09:17 PM
talk to Dan at DASA a sponsor here. He will give you all the info you need. He just redid the head on my 465 and wow. Bigger valves with better porting and bigger web cam then i had and its now even better than before. Need a new clutch setup now though. stock clutch still:ermm: Suprised its held on this long......