PDA

View Full Version : Yfz shocks on banshee.

Mxjunkie
01-07-2006, 01:58 PM
How does it work? dont get mad it they dont bolt up at first because they wont! I'll tell you guys how to do it in this thread.

First take all your settings and put them on the softest setting.

Next, take the upper ring on the top of your spring aka ride height and loosen it all the way and do the second spring the same way, be sure to tighten these when they are all the way up on the shock! You can loosen them by using a screw driver and a hammer if you dont have a shock tool!

Now here comes a kinda hard part in a way, The bottom of the shock is too thick to clear the bottom aarm, so you have to take a grinder and grind the access material down till the shock bolt will go thru,

Then you put the banshee in the air, use a lift or some sort of box/bin.

Now that you have done that you have to compress the shock about a inch or 2 inches and slide it into place, its easy to do if you have race cuts, if not take your front plastics off.

Once you slide the shock into place bolt them up and go ride!

I have done it to mine and I have seen a huge plus in handling and jumping, with the stock banshee shocks the front end likes to dive in corners, with the yfz shocks there is little dive and it actually turns! Handling is amazing on it as well I feel that I can ride alot faster now nowing that the front end isnt going to dive and cause the banshee to 2 wheel or even roll.

QuadRacer18
01-07-2006, 02:40 PM
well said.

01-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the tutorial! I will probably put yfz shocks on my banshee this winter as well, so im happy to hear good comments about it. Oh and josh, how much did those maiers cost you??

Mxjunkie
01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Superman Sam
Thanks for the tutorial! I will probably put yfz shocks on my banshee this winter as well, so im happy to hear good comments about it. Oh and josh, how much did those maiers cost you??

I think the total was about 540 or so for everything.

enquadrider16
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
is the back shock on also? how much we're the shocks, did u get them off ebay? or a friend? is it the same to put on a back shock or do they just slide in?

Mxjunkie
01-11-2006, 05:20 PM
I got them off a buddy for 200, I'm still running my stock rear shock because its not blown yet lol I dont think it will work though.

you can find them everywhere, on this site, ebay everywhere.

brian250racer
01-11-2006, 05:22 PM
The back YFZ shock will not fit. It's to long...

Give about 2 months and I will do a YFZ rear swap over for ya!!!:devil: