PDA

View Full Version : the neverending debate

middleman102002
01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
ok so im getting all my LT stuff in next week and im really excited but i had a really tough time deciding what to get

everyone has there favorites and says which ones not to get

im going with LSR everything and Elkas

i feel this is the best choice for me

but i kinda wanted to start this thread for people who dont have a clue what the want

i wanted to dispell some of the romurs ive heard

well i told one of my friends i was getting a Lonestar axle and he said oh man those suck everyone whos bought one has broke them

well that got me thinking i wonder if there is anyway to get the numbers from LSR and durablue and rpm to see exactly how many broken axles they have had

then that got me thinking i wonder if there is anyway to find out how many a-arms and shocks and every other part people have had break

of course the only way the company would know if there product was sent back for warranty

im sorry if im not making any sense but im board cause im sick and im getting tired of hearing people say omg dont buy that they suck and when i ask them for proof the say my brothers friends mom had one and it broke

Hammer trx450r
01-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Ive been running a lonestar axle for 2 yrs of big hits and she's hanging in there, no problems. You will love the setup

middleman102002
01-07-2006, 02:02 PM
cool thanks man

see thats what i like to see someone giving me real info and not bashing other guys

none of this "i heard someone say they might break"

motox450r
01-07-2006, 02:24 PM
you can break any of them. you can't go wrong with your lsr. my son has lsr and i have rpm. both are at the top. i will say that my sons lsr looks to be bigger in diameter than my rpm. you bought a nice axle.

Hondacrf15
01-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I personally like RPM axle as I have never had any issues with them (3). I have broken a Dura-blue (1)..who hasn't. I know racers who have the Lonestar axle and never had a problem. I have riden JB and Leager A-arms and swing arms. They are both top notch LT set ups. You picked a good product and Lonestar is a good company and will stand behind their products.

yamablaster24
01-07-2006, 04:42 PM
As far as LT goes, i have never seen an a-arm or ball joint break on them. Only a-arm i have ever seen break that wasnt stock was a burgard ball joint. I have seen an Elka LT quadrate's bottom shock mount break off the shock but elka covered everything. Basically when you get that kind of stuff its not how durable it is it is how well it performs. I would try either RPM or Axle, I know of a guy who swears by TEAM axles, says he has broken other companies...:rolleyes: I have seen LSR's and Durablues break at MX races and my friends LSR was bent on his 400 with some beating.

Pappy
01-07-2006, 06:24 PM
i dont think there is a part made i havent seen broken, bent or crack or whatever and i do believe i have seen my share of parts...lol

stick with the top brands and you will be fine. leave the this sucks and this rules to the kiddies. pick up the phone and call the manufacture of the item you want info on, customer service should go along way in telling you where to spend your money.

01-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Desert raced for 2 years on a lonestar axle, and had the bike for about 5 years no problems. I put one one the new bike i buikt. Good axle IMO.

bwamos
01-09-2006, 10:37 AM
The only legitimate problem I have heard about the LSR axles, it that their hubs used to be all aluminum (no steel insert), the hub splines would give over time and fail.

They use steel inserts now on their hubs, so it's a non-issue these days.