PDA

View Full Version : Riding Areas in California

striker1001
01-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Hey guy do any of u know any trails or riding areas around so. cal, i know of glamis and pismo and Azuza canyon, but is there any where else?

aci clay
01-09-2006, 08:13 AM
there is lots of open riding in the so cal hi desert, johnson valley,lucerne valley, outlet center exit of I-15 in barstow. Also there is hungry valley near gorman just be sure there u have spark arrester and sometimes they check for noise, (96db). the best area is ocotiilo wells in the southern desert about 40 miles west of glamis. huge area, all types of riding just alot of crowds on holiday weekends. as far as other dunes there is dumont, 30 minutes northwest of baker, huge dunes, but lots crazy people.

DVS
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Is there anything up north. I live in the Bay Area but travel to the Fresno area every weekend and it seems that most of the places around here are more for dirt bikes. I would like to find some average trails since I'm just starting up.

400exrider0004
01-18-2006, 02:12 PM
^^^ same here

bump

01-18-2006, 04:34 PM
ocotillo wells(i thinks thats how its spelled) is fun. But usually when I go there I end up putting away my quad and hop on my bike. I would stick with glamis if your on a quad. Wont find any place better than that in socal... maybe even the world:D

DVS
01-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by DVS
Is there anything up north. I live in the Bay Area but travel to the Fresno area every weekend and it seems that most of the places around here are more for dirt bikes. I would like to find some average trails since I'm just starting up.

There is a place off 152 where I've seen people riding quads and dirt bikes. Can't remember if it's the San Joaquin or Fresno river. It's usually dry in the summer time.

clyde 57
01-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Taft Is a great place to ride open fields with tracks jumps and traials

Duane
01-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Don't forget Superstition/Plaster City. Hard packsand and mud hills. Buttercup and Gordons Wells are also fun.