Johnny & Monica
01-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Anyone see this yet?

Johnny & Monica
01-07-2006, 10:48 AM
:eek:

400ex4ever
01-07-2006, 10:54 AM
That's the one the one I know the Billy at WRH Racing (http://www.wrhracing.net) will be selling. I have only seen the second picture. I like how the front end looks. Looks like it might be something pretty good.

markvette
01-07-2006, 05:54 PM
yes i have seen it in person. this will be one awesome little mini quad.

Mark

Johnny & Monica
01-07-2006, 10:17 PM
A buddy told me he seen a 06 kasea 4-stroke 125 at a dealer yesterday anyone have pictures or no anything about these Kasea`s ? What would Gncc rules be on these are they 90cc production classes only to be built to a 125cc ???? Seeing more 125cc 4-stroke`s aimed at the mini market :D It`s really cool we got more choices than lt80`s an trx70`s The mini market is booming Also alot of junk throw away quads rolling threw also so becarefull shopping

Pappy
01-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by markvette

Mark

125cc 4 stroke, dual arms, better oem shocks, decent tires /rims, manual clutch? heim end ball joints?

speak man speak.

:p

TWISTED
01-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
125cc 4 stroke, dual arms, better oem shocks, decent tires /rims, manual clutch? heim end ball joints?

speak man speak.

:p
Get your checkbook ready!!!! Did you ever start on the hybrid for Cody???

Johnny & Monica
01-07-2006, 11:01 PM
I just seen the other site of JP had just added it to there home page .

Pappy
01-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Get your checkbook ready!!!! Did you ever start on the hybrid for Cody???

not yet, but before i drop coin on the next "best" mini, someone better prove to me its worth it...lol

i think they are getting the idea(manufactures) but making a mini look like a fullsize quad doesnt mean it will preform like one on a scaled down version.

400ex4ever
01-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Found this on ********:

Quad Review (http://********.com/machines/xtreme/typhoon125-firstlook.htm)

Pappy
01-08-2006, 08:18 AM
good review.

i found this statement troubling...

"Extreme was reluctant to provide us with too many pictures, due to Chinese manufacturers unethical practice of mindlessly copying rather than coming up with original designs"

sending american made and patented parts to china and having them copied and produced then shipped back in this country at a mere fraction of the cost is a ever growing practice. and i am aware of several brands of a arms that are being sold that are exactly this! unfortunatley the quality is not up to par either.

as far as i can tell from the pics, and that i would like to have someone with knowledge on this quad are the following...

1) exposed heim ends wear fast IMO and with regards to a kids quad that will see tons of riding in all types of conditions, why was the choice made to use them? im pretty sure it will be cost effectiveness or some mumbo about ball joint travel on a set up with a claimed 8 inches of travel.(on a closer look maybe just the uppers are heim? )

2) is this the same chinese copied TRX90 engine that is found in alot of the pit bike knock offs that i hear have issues? i know some have problems while others seem ok, which one is this!

3) im sure there are safety reasons, or maybe even import regulations regarding the footpeg/floorboard change on production models, but from the picture alone, i can not see a mild steel frame holding up if an owner does convert to a pro peg style mount. will more strength be found on production models or will buyers have to do the work needed to make sure they do not snap the peg off the frame?

im not trying to be negative although it may appear that way, but dropping the cash on a headache is a thing im trying to avoid wether its this model or any other. the braking system is a great idea, and it should find its way to all newer models of the newer race/sport mini's!

dj250r
01-08-2006, 10:19 AM
i wonder if it would hold up to adult use like there pit bikes
Dwayne

QuadJunkies
01-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by markvette

Mark

Maybe Billy will chime in soon... :cool:

MOD 50cc DAD
01-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I would bet that this is the same motor used in the guy cooper replica xtreme 125cc pit bike. I wouldn't guess it's as strong as what Robb is building these days.

As far as hiem joint, we raced on them all season last year without incident. In fact, at the end of the season they we're as good as when we started!

The rear swing arm style is similar to the xr50 swing arm which utilizes a shock up under the seat. The xr50s take serious abuse so I'll reserve judgement until they hit the dirt in May. Kenny V. has a pretty good reputation. Billy Holt has a good reputation. Maybe there is potential here. Only time will tell.

From what I have read the price of this quad is supposed to be reasonable as compared to the Cobra.

ACME ROCKET CO.
01-09-2006, 12:16 PM
I won't try to answer all of the questions only some of them.
At most, only partially. After all I don't own Xtreme or K-Fab.
The Xtreme motor in this model will be the Guy Cooper engine.
What I found amazing is The fact that Xtreme is constantly upgrading the problems that still exist in the off-brand Knock off Pit Bike Market. Tuffer cases, better flowing heads, beffier transmissions, entirely different frames.
If it was your money involved would you be concerned about to many early release photos being out? It is just good buisness.
I would expect the first models to come out as trail models. With even a possibility of a automatic version, a down sized version, and later a upgraded version for racing.
There are a few other real cool ideas being fabbed up now also. Big and small.
I know the front disc brakes are of very high quality, double acting piston. Steel braided cables, Right hand front mastercylinder. Light weight. Not the heavy banshee,400 ex, etc. style stuff. I am referring to the production pieces.
I will be doing some engine developement and Kenny will handle the suspension design developement.
The pit bike motor will NOT be the only engine this unit comes with, there will be other engines. I will not comment on the sizes because at this time It is considered buisness confidential. Although at least one other engine will be fully capable of being a 125cc and much larger.
In looking over performance DATA the Xtreme will lend itself available for performance upgrades in a manner very similar to the TRX 90.
I will be working on the next generation engines soon, and also another four stroke engine for a different project.
My 4 stroke background is in Roadracing and general service work for the SUzuki, Yamaha, and Honda industry.
Gotta Go for now.

Billy Holt

welpracing
01-09-2006, 12:26 PM
So far i am interested.

I have The Guy cooper Pit bike and it does great for me. I am 220 lbs. and it hauls. I have had it for a year now and ride it about every other day. so i am sure it will be nice. Me being a quad guy may consider trading in there pitbike for the quad to roll around in the pits with.

Just my 2cents

cjpoole1
01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ACME ROCKET CO.
and Kenny will handle the suspension design developement.

Tell him not to forget about the cross-country guys:D We need narrower parts, an airbox, and electric start ;)

ACME ROCKET CO.
01-10-2006, 12:57 PM
It has electric start capibility, I'll mention the Airbox (ThankYou), and Narrower parts like A-arms, axles, handlebars? Elaborate a little and educate me.

Arctic Cat Dad
01-10-2006, 04:32 PM
For us XC racers the 47" or 48" is really to wide. About the width of the trx 90's is perfect.I'd have to measure our's to be exact. Is the air box under the seat. If it is that will be nice. The rear axel width with tires should be the same as the front. And the electric start is a MUST. After a long race these kid's arms are really tired. And if it would quit for some reason they would really have a hard time getting it started again.

If the price is right I see these quads selling like hot cakes. I wish I'd got wind of this quad before I just bought the new Honda.

I'm glad to see that mini quads are getting some attention. And folks are building some better mini's for the racing kids. I see the future looking brighter! Thanks!

cjpoole1
01-10-2006, 04:52 PM
It has electric start capibility, I'll mention the Airbox (ThankYou), and Narrower parts like A-arms, axles, handlebars? Elaborate a little and educate me. AC dad is right. Narrower a-arms and axle. I imagine they are aiming to sell to the GNC youth series, but tell them not to forget that the GNCC youth series is getting to be just as big. In 6 races last year there were a total of 119 different youth riders racing the GNCC(cross-coutry) series. In 12 races there were a total of 304 different youth riders racing the GNC(motocross) series.

ACME ROCKET CO.
01-12-2006, 09:14 PM
So is 40 inches to wide?

Pappy
01-13-2006, 05:59 AM
So is 40 inches to wide?

38 is the limit IMO. 36 would be ideal.

mdmotosports119
01-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Whats the Price Tag?

Johnny & Monica
01-14-2006, 10:28 AM
TBA Let`s take guesses I say 3299.00 :D

mdmotosports119
01-14-2006, 10:34 AM
You say 3295. thats not bad, I guess I will wait and see.

Johnny & Monica
01-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by mdmotosports119
You say 3295. thats not bad, I guess I will wait and see.

Thats a guess on my part , Dont hold me to it. :D

fastlx
01-16-2006, 09:45 AM
This quad looks cool. But here is my problem. At the price that you are looking at, depending on the size of the kid, you might as well buy a 250ex or an LTZ250. It will last the kid a lot longer and they have proven to be quality products. I am in the same boat as a lot of people. Needing a more powerful quad in a smaller version. I am looking for more power out of my TRX90 for my daughter, but not much is available. This probably does not make sense, but I think that this should be priced in the LOW $2k price range. If it was, then I think it would be worth it. Anyway, just my .02 worth.

Pappy
01-16-2006, 10:16 AM
i dont know if making that quad is possible at 2k, would be nice for the wallet but would probably put it in the quality range of whats on the market today.

a TON of us are in the same boat, the 90cc quads are too small and underpowered and the smallest entry level atv's are on the verge of being to large for some.

fastlx
01-16-2006, 11:42 AM
And I am not looking for anything to race like a lot of you are. I am in the market for something that can be trail riden but mostly in the Dunes. I was told that it all has to do with the government age restrictions on the quads. Why would they make a 125 or 150 quad when the 90 is for kids up to 16? It would go against the "rules." Anyway, maybe one day we will all get what we want and not have to sell our homes to do it!

Pappy
01-16-2006, 01:24 PM
as far as i am aware, the restriction imposed by the CPSC and regulated by the government has passed its effective date and is no longer in force. however, the dealerships are still keeping in thier good graces by leaving the "16" rule in effect on thier own accord.

ACME ROCKET CO.
01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
There is research going on now for a 125 engine that can be easily transformed into a 150 or 185cc range.
Multivalve head stock.
Good wine spend long time in bottle!

I also think the pricing will be lower for those looking for trail quads.

xtremeracer
01-22-2006, 02:32 PM
I like this thread but what is the price can u find out someone?Thanks

badvox
01-22-2006, 04:11 PM
There is research going on now for a 125 engine that can be easily transformed into a 150 or 185cc range.
Multivalve head stock.
Good wine spend long time in bottle!

I also think the pricing will be lower for those looking for trail quads.

That may be tough. I thought most of the 125s these days started out as 90's then got bored out to make them 125s.

could be wrong but just what ive heard about em.

badvox
01-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by fastlx
I am looking for more power out of my TRX90 for my daughter, but not much is available. This probably does not make sense, but I think that this should be priced in the LOW $2k price range. If it was, then I think it would be worth it. Anyway, just my .02 worth.

Why dont you just get a bore kit from powroll? Their kits are awesome. They've been doing 4 stroke power for a long long time. They have bore kits, cams, and carbs for the TRX. You'll be surprised how much just a hard weld cam will do for that 90. Then add the bore and it will scream!!

ACME ROCKET CO.
01-23-2006, 03:28 AM
Badvox,
Look outside the box, not at the TRX 90 motor design. You will there find the engine capable of 150cc to 180cc in 4 stroke design.

MOD 50cc DAD
01-23-2006, 05:03 AM
The New England ATV had their '05 banquet yesterday. On the front table a local company advertised the new xtreme 125 quad to target ~2,500 bucks!! This would be awesome if it holds true.

Look outside the box, not at the TRX 90 motor design. You will there find the engine capable of 150cc to 180cc in 4 stroke design.

This is true! I know the Lifan motor has the potential to get into the 180cc range. The 125cc version comes stock with larger valve openings, longer stroked crank and cylinder stud spacing that allows extreme case porting! We have only scratched the surface on these Honda style motors. Many builders have been experimenting for a long time know.

Pappy
01-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Badvox,

anyone else wanna run to alabama and hold him down and get the rest of what he is not telling us out of him:devil:

badvox
01-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
anyone else wanna run to alabama and hold him down and get the rest of what he is not telling us out of him:devil:

Im in cali so alabama is kind of far... :)
Ive been thinking his reply to me was a riddle and ive been trying to solve it ever since. ha ha ha

markvette
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
lol. you wont get no more out of him. i live 80 miles from him and have probably put 20,000 on my truck in the past 2 years running back and forth to his house. we have become good friends and he dont tell me much of the mini quad going ons.LOL

Mark

ACME ROCKET CO.
01-25-2006, 04:52 PM
The dealer show may reveal more things, like maybe a 125cc 4-stroke Bar Stool the chinese can copy!:D :D
All I can say is I have already worked with these engines in the late 80's.