PDA

View Full Version : 300ex wiring help

riley1374
01-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Can anyone tell me what wire gets routed to the starter. I am working on a project and am working with a ******* wiring harness. I though i had it all hooked up but realized that something must go to the starter. Any help or a pic of the electrical would be great. I have a manual, but it suckssss.

RRP
01-07-2006, 01:32 PM
one heavy cable from the starter to the starter relay(left side post).The other post(right side) has the positive cable from the battery hooked to it.

riley1374
01-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Ok thanks! Just to confirm, the heavy cable that goes from the starter to the starter relay, that is connected to the left post of the starter relay, this basically bi-passes the fuse? Thanks for all your help!

RRP
01-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Well the fuse ties in with the cable that comes from the battery bypasses the selenoid and goes directly into your wiring harness but the only thing that goes to your starter is the large cable from the left side of the selenoid.Sorry I don't have a pic but my machine is in a pile of parts at the moment.

riley1374
01-09-2006, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the help man! I think i figured it out. The black wire that was coming off the starter solenoid, i thought it was the ground for the battery, but as you pointed out, i realized it was for the starter. I guess i will have to make my own ground for the battery. Thanks