PDA

View Full Version : Smith Warp Tearoff Tip!

infantry317
01-07-2006, 07:19 AM
OK, I was having trouble getting dust and water behind my tearoffs during racing/riding. What I did was used the visor from my Smith roll-offs (the brackets kept braking on them) cut a 45 degree angle on the left side of the visor. I then put the tear-offs up to the lense/visor combo to see were I needed to cut the tear-off sheets. Cut them across flat so they fit under the visor. You can stack up about five under it. Put a first turn tear-off on and a dab of slicone in the center of the visor there is a slight gap there.
I used this setup about three times last year and really liked it.

Like I said, I kept braking the roll-offs attach brackets so this was a great alternative and you get a better field of vision.
It works for me:D Here's a pic w/o tearoffs installed.

blasteracer24
01-07-2006, 08:15 AM
For roll offs they sell a thing called "the mud flap" its supposed to keep dirt,mud, and water out fro behind the tear off and lense. They sell them in dennis kirk.

infantry317
01-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by blasteracer24
For roll offs they sell a thing called "the mud flap" its supposed to keep dirt,mud, and water out fro behind the tear off and lense. They sell them in dennis kirk.

That's what this is, Smith doesn't market them that way and they don't cut the tearoff sheets to fit it.

blasteracer24
01-07-2006, 10:51 AM
oo gotcha