PDA

View Full Version : i need any advice or tips for flattrack racin plz

sixsixzero
01-06-2006, 11:55 PM
ok here is my deal, ive been flattrack racin for 3 years ive just started racing my raptor this year tho, i have a fmf full exhaust system razr's all around (but i usually use a set of holeshot mx's i have) um a lowering kit for the back and +2 a arms up front and i lower the front 2. everyone around here is idiots and dont know what they are talkin about. But if anyone has any advice on what else i should get for my quad or tip plz plz tell me

Cody_300ex
01-07-2006, 09:01 PM
swaybar and TT tires.

sixsixzero
01-07-2006, 11:09 PM
i tryed tt tires but the tracks down here are loose so i stuck better with my holeshots, me and my buddy are gonna try and build me a swaybar im to poor to buy one lol

dirtmomma
01-08-2006, 07:39 PM
So are you saying you aren't doing well?? Just curous cuz if you've been racing 3 yrs you should have it figured out! I know all the Raptors I've seen race don't seem to handle that well, though there are a couple @ our track right now that don't seem to do too bad.

We also race on a loose track what alot of people run for tires is a turf tamer 18" on the rear, & we've had the best luck w/ the directional Hoosiers up front we used radials for awhile but all they did was push out, we used holeshots on the front of our blaster but the Hoosiers are still the best :)

Good Luck

QuadJunkies
01-08-2006, 09:04 PM
so much to go over

proper tires and PSI!
Sway Bar
dont go TOO WIDE front or Rear ,I sucked in my rear axle alot this wk end and its was soooo much better in the corners..!
Make sure your Swinger is over Extended or you are gonna be all over the track . Same with the front end, dont OVER LOWER it

If tyou have been racing for 3 years, you probably have more idea what you need than we do at this point :huh

Ive been FT racing for three years,this is my 4th FT series and ALOT has to do with preference and track conditions. I am like DM, I like my Hoosiers :D

sixsixzero
01-12-2006, 09:05 PM
oops sry man i know a little about what ur talkin about but im sry about the 3 year thing i have been racin for that long but we only have about 6 races or something like that and i cant make most of em cause i have to work all the time, and ty for ur tips, again i didnt mean to sound like one of these posers on the net lol im just tryin to find out more stuff and improve

sixsixzero
01-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I sucked in my rear axle alot this wk end and its was soooo much better in the corners..!

how u do that?

dirtmomma
01-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by sixsixzero
how u do that?

I'm sure she has an adustable axle :)

YES don't go too wide, that happened to me on my 300ex, now we are thinking about skinnying(is that a word:o) up the front of the 450 so DJ can STAB er in a hole better:devil: :macho Your swinger when your quad is lowered is NOT level there should be a little slant to it(sorry if that doesn't make sense) also your A arms when lowered should be the same way NOT level really!!
Here is a pic of my son's 450 set up for FT, see how the swinger & a arms aren't level, this has been an AWESOME set up for him, he's even having good luck w/ these tires, once you get the air pressure down, that is the HARDEST thing to do so if you can go practice practice practice & play w/ pressure you will do much better!!

Once again GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 10:25 AM
how u do that? I have a +4Durablue Axle ,we just suck in the axle as much as it will go . I tuired it both ways and WOW.. big difference my last two races I could feel

DirtMomma is correct.. Sorry I didnt explain that better .. lol :p

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
he's even having good luck w/ these tires, once you get the Im having good luck with mine also this year! Troy is racing a YFZ the rest of the FT series too and he tried the Amer. Racers and didnt liek them as well as my Hoosiers. Each to thre own I guess but mine hooked up nicely this last race

this was before I lowered it down and put my TT springs in

sixsixzero
01-13-2006, 10:20 PM
holy cow my raptor doesnt even come close to lookin like one of them! man them are some nice quads. Also i tryed lookin for somewere to practice but every1 shuts down durin winter and all my land is unlevel so i just raise mine back up and trail ride and play on a few jumps we have, (wish i could find somewere to practice id leave my rappy setin down and do that but what can ya do) im savin up to bye me a axel, are they easy to adjust ( suck in) ??

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 10:31 PM
holy cow my raptor doesnt even come close to lookin like one of them! man them are some nice quads. Also i tryed lookin for somewere to practice but every1 shuts down durin winter and all my land is unlevel so i just raise mine back up and trail ride and play on a few jumps we have, (wish i could find somewere to practice id leave my rappy setin down and do that but what can ya do) im savin up to bye me a axel, are they easy to adjust ( suck in) ?? yes, its easy to do. ;)

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 10:33 PM
this is the front with my springs Adj. on the front

Also, I didnt have all this set up the year before and still worked with Stock AArms and stock Axle, you just have to experiment a little

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 10:35 PM
This is with it lowered.. I used a modifed stock 400ex spring. Im not sure whats avail. for a Raptor though.
I dont use lowering kits anymore with mine. Just sway bar and dif. springs

dopeyferree
01-19-2006, 05:52 PM
IF your looking to lower your raptor, look into a set of blaster shocks. Also I would invest in a sway bar before an axle. To save some money get wheel spacers or offset wheels instead of A arms and extended axle. Then when you get the $$$ saved up upgrade your axle and a arms.