PDA

View Full Version : Akraix - The Fallout Volume One - Product Review

Admin
01-06-2006, 10:51 PM
ATVriders.com Reviews - The Fallout Volume One (http://www.atvriders.com/atvproductreviews/akraix_falloutatvdvdreview.html)

Because of my personal involvement in the film, I had photojournalist, Ryan Verrastro, provide the product review on FallOut Volume One, and it will finally give many ATVriders.com members a chance to actually see that I can and do ride ATVs since I am normally behind the camera and not the one in front of it, lol.

I am impressed with what Akraix crew has accomplished on a limited budget, and I am sure the next film will be like nothing we have ever seen if we show them some support and purchase the Fallout DVD, which are available at C&D Racing for a discounted price, so be sure to tell them you are an ATVriders.com member when you order yours, 402 614-2508

If anyone has already seen the movie, I would to hear what your thoughts on Akraix first movie.

01-07-2006, 12:41 AM
I enjoyed it. worth the money.

Dan_Guetter
01-07-2006, 01:35 AM
I haven't spoken a lot about the film, but here goes.

There are a few things that need to be accounted for. This is our first DVD. We have learned so much about this film and how film making is done, and what adjustments that needs to be made for the next Volume. This DVD shows what we do on a yearly basis and making a living doing. I think people need to see that.

Now there is the topic, which DVD is better...bla bla. In all honesty, i don't want this to be comparable to the others. In the bike world, you have “The great outdoors”, which is made by no fear i believe. It’s an in depth DVD that follows motocross with great sound, narration, and picture. That DVD can not be comparable to “On the pipe”, or “nitro circus”. Its all on your preference, and you should see that by looking at the cover of the fallout. If you’re looking for a lot of MX, you’re not going to get it, or even Cross Country, but its still in there. I wanted to touch the other aspects of riding and letting people know that we also support the other styles.

As for quality of the film, it’s good, but can be better....DV looks ok, but some times, it plain out sucks to shoot with. In low light situations....it gives you the blur effect which looks like arse, but when your cutting and it needs to be put in, you just have to roll with it. There are a lot of new cameras out there that are more low light friendly, so in cases where the quality doesn't look the greatest, will be fixed.

16mm is film that everyone loves to see, the slow motion and details are a plus when using your Arri, bolex, or SR2, cameras....this is something we will be using for the next feature film. We have a lot of surprises coming up for the next installment, that when shot on 16mm will look completely amazing. We started as a company a year ago, and in my mind, have accomplished what we need to do. Every DVD will be better with time. We have the knowledge now to make another classic DVD, and something that everyone can enjoy, including our; out of industry people.

I appreciate everyone comments about the DVD. I personally enjoy it more and more every time I watch it. It’s completely dedicated to my old friend Kelly Chang. If it wasn’t for him, this company would not have started. He was a great friend, and I think we nailed his segment for all his friends and family.

I’m open to answer any questions you have for us.

Thanks again, and see you at Glen Helen

-Dan Guetter

JH_Racing188
01-07-2006, 01:51 AM
hey guys i was up in minnesota for the viewing of the film and for as much heart and love of the sport that these guys put into the video it makes it to the top shelf of my riding videos!
:D

Pappy
01-07-2006, 04:18 AM
ill take $50 to tell everyone who the double rider was for harlen in the dvd:devil:

Johnny & Monica
01-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ill take $50 to tell everyone who the double rider was for harlen in the dvd:devil:

Well it was Monica didnt ya read the cover lol

We loved the dvd loved the music back ground really enjoyed the woods scence with Harlen an Andy , Also the foam pit a Travis`s place , Cant wait for the 2nd fallout Keep up the good work guy`s an throw some more woods into it for us XC fans ,

Oh , Harlen can ride cant he :devil:

theTman
01-07-2006, 07:41 AM
I enjoyed it alot seeing as how im more of a freestyle guy than a race guy, but the whole move was awsome in my opinon and cant wait for future volumes.

Robin Hood
01-07-2006, 09:43 AM
I thought it was great. The 16mm should make the next vid perfect. I loved the music they used. Can't wait to see the next one!

450r51
01-07-2006, 04:44 PM
in all honesty i thought it was an extremely cheap version of travis pastrana and the nitro circus series. i was very dissapointed by the movie. but i will continue to buy the next ones just because they have quads in it.

urb'nyouthfilms
01-07-2006, 05:09 PM
in all honesty i thought it was an extremely cheap version of travis pastrana and the nitro circus series. i was very dissapointed by the movie. but i will continue to buy the next ones just because they have quads in it.

bahahah, your kidding me right? your actually comparing the movie to NC3? Nice work brosive

-Chad

nacsEX
01-07-2006, 05:16 PM
I think it's the best quad video out there... It's different from everything else and has a fun feel to it.. oh and awsome riding too... I don't know why anyone would be dissapointed with it :huh

QuadR8cer12
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 450r51

what ways do you think it is a knockoff of nirtos circus??

I like the pic of me on the main page.... lol me bailing off the quad.. looks pretty funny lol

Robin Hood
01-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
what ways do you think it is a knockoff of nirtos circus??

I like the pic of me on the main page.... lol me bailing off the quad.. looks pretty funny lol

If I had a foam pit and the oppertunity to be on the front page of exriders Id do some bailing too. :devil:

Just as long as I don't have a stupid seat that would dislocate my shoulder after having the quad land on me.:p haha

QuadR8cer12
01-07-2006, 11:02 PM
yeah joshs stupid "homo" and "im gay" seat lol he was angry i was visting a girl why he had to make that for me :p

Juggalo
01-08-2006, 12:48 PM
i think the part during the credits where that guy is on fire is the best part. man that guy prob gets all the girls cuz hes a huge stud.

QuadR8cer12
01-08-2006, 01:35 PM
I heard that kid was rapped by chuck norris :confused: :eek2:

Robin Hood
01-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
I heard that kid was rapped by chuck norris :confused: :eek2:

If by raped you mean round house kicked to the face, then yes.

Dan_Guetter
01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
hahaa good stuff

When the boogie man goes to sleep he checks the closet and under the bed for Chuck Norris!!!!

Juggalo
01-08-2006, 10:51 PM
yeah well chuck norris isn't hung like a horse....horses are hung like chuck norris

QuadR8cer12
01-08-2006, 10:52 PM
HAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!