I just got it really muddy and everytime I clean It I find more and more mud
Should I take off the fenders
also how do you remove the scratches
some are kind of big:confused:

Pappy
01-06-2006, 06:05 PM
here is our routine....

allow quad to cool

rince with water, not blast , but rinse so all mud gets saturated. after a few times of that when most of the heavier mud is gone, we break out the simple green. (its water activated so we make sure every area is wet)

after allowing the simple green to work for 10 minutes or so, we lather up the quad with just water, no sponges as it will scratch the metal and plastic.

a good rinse and repeat the whole process until she is clean.

then we stand her up on the grab bar and start all over!

Sjorge450R
01-06-2006, 07:07 PM
put a plastic bag on the exhaust get the pressure washer out. Then rinse it down. Spray some degresser on it. Then pressure wash everything off. just dont get too close with the pressure washer. And finish the plastics off with Foaming Tire shine.

Eddiesanders250
01-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
put a plastic bag on the exhaust get the pressure washer out. Then rinse it down. Spray some degresser on it. Then pressure wash everything off. just dont get too close with the pressure washer. And finish the plastics off with Foaming Tire shine.

Exactly...................

exrider008
01-07-2006, 07:20 AM
To get the scratches out just use a buffer like u use on your car. thats what i do and it works pritty good but it wont take out the rely big scratches.

CannondaleRider
01-07-2006, 10:12 PM
ProClean1000 stuff works great.

I'd say its better then Simple Green

CD400EX
01-10-2006, 07:52 PM
After every ride I remove the rear fender and power wash. If it's really dirty I'll remove the front fenders also. My powerwasher has a solvent tube which I usually put in Simple Green

reichart90
01-10-2006, 07:59 PM
DO NOT USE DEGREASER. if you actually care about your wheels, exhuast etc. looking good. i used Greased Lightning first time cleaning the quad... destroyed the finish on the sparks exhuast and my brand new polished douglas rims... even after polishing the crap out of them.... they still look like poo... SIMPLE GREEN. go with what pappy says... he has a good rep with steering people in the right direction

Sjorge450R
01-11-2006, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by reichart90
DO NOT USE DEGREASER. if you actually care about your wheels, exhuast etc. looking good. i used Greased Lightning first time cleaning the quad... destroyed the finish on the sparks exhuast and my brand new polished douglas rims... even after polishing the crap out of them.... they still look like poo... SIMPLE GREEN. go with what pappy says... he has a good rep with steering people in the right direction

i acually spray the greased lightning right onto my wheels and exhaust. They always come out like new.

Loser450
01-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Do you spray simple green on the plastics? seems like it'd fade them.