PDA

View Full Version : octane booster

250expro
01-06-2006, 09:00 AM
if i put octane booster in my bike how much faster will it go and will i have to tune it

sickmojave
01-06-2006, 09:09 AM
do a search on this site for octane booster.. It's not going to make you any faster and no you don't have to tune it. in fact it's probably not going to do anything for you... :ermm:

chad502ex
01-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
do a search on this site for octane booster.. It's not going to make you any faster and no you don't have to tune it. in fact it not going to do anything for you...

I agree. The only thing it's going to "burn" is a hole in the pocket...

wilkin250r
01-06-2006, 09:34 AM
First, a note on octane in general. Octane does not equal power. A higher compression engine will require more octane in order to run, but the extra power comes from the increased compression, not the octane.

So, with the stock engine, higher octane won't do jack.

Second, octane boosters are generally junk. They aren't all that effective, and the additives can gum up your engine. There are a few additives that increase compression effectively without a whole lot of negative side effects, but they are few and far between. Most octane boosters are full of aromatics and garbage that can actually cause worse performance.

400exrules
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 250expro
if i put octane booster in my bike how much faster will it go and will i have to tune it

adds about 80hp, better get a +30 swingarm

2muchquad
01-06-2006, 07:04 PM
if your serious about octane boost,just add a couple ounces of kerosene to your tank.same thing.its cheaper :D seriously they arent worth the money,bs if you ask me:D

bwamos
01-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Waste of money.

Unless your running 13.5:1 and are on a trip and run out of race fuel. The booster can get you through the weekend.

On a stock quad? It will actually make you loose power.

nowukno
01-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Waste of money.

Unless your running 13.5:1 and are on a trip and run out of race fuel. The booster can get you through the weekend.

On a stock quad? It will actually make you loose power.

Took the words right outta my mouth. ^^^^^

zeppelin
01-09-2006, 02:26 PM
incase they didnt change your mind yet ill add that when the bottle say that it raises the octane 15 points they actualy mean 1.5 octanes