PDA

View Full Version : Blue Diamond in DE on Sunday?

predator dad
01-06-2006, 03:13 AM
I was thinking about heading to Blue Diamond on Sunday. Is the atv track done or at least ridable?

jrspawn
01-06-2006, 07:02 AM
Hey, its rideable. Just gonna be very muddy probably though.

Justin

predator dad
01-06-2006, 02:17 PM
I hate riding in the mud because I live in Rehoboth Beach and by the time I get home, I don't feel like washing my quad. Maybe it'll dry out a little by Sunday.

jrspawn
01-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah, that might be your best bet, to try it out sunday. Im hoping to get my enigne back today, i had it sent out to have it gone over. Hopefully if its back today i might head over there sunday if its not muddy.

Justin

rooster400ex
01-06-2006, 06:27 PM
blue diamond is always filled with mud like a foot deep (all the times I went it was) and they let dirtbikes ride on the track and they make a whole bunch of ruts and theres always like 80 dirtbikes and 2 quads. It's still pretty cool though. I went last week. It's a little expensive for me, so i dont go that often.

jrspawn
01-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, we alot of dirt out there the past couple months, doing so caused everything to get soft and soke up more moisture keeping it muddy as hell, its winter after all, its kinda to be expected. As for the dirtbikes out there, the track is built fast enough now, that if you come off all the jumps they are, there is no reason a quad should be slower out there. The ruts are gonna be on any track, i personally like it a little rougher:D makes it a little more of a work out. And after joining it should only be 25 per day to ride there which is about the same as anywhere's. Give the track some time, let the spring season come along and that track is gonna be awesome. We are not close to being finished with what we are doing out there. There will be alot more quads there, and a good handfull of pro riders that will be riding there also. Just need to get out of winter and into good weather.

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

rooster400ex
01-07-2006, 07:28 AM
I think they should just make it a quad track and I bet a lot more people on quads would show up. Also, they should put up another track where that grass field is next to the atv track(maybe a smaller dirtbike track?)

jrspawn
01-07-2006, 07:50 AM
I agree with the all quad track, but, we have to prove to them that there is going to be enough quads to come, thats why we are redoing that track. When Blue diamond very first opened up that back track did go into that whole field, it was HUGE! It just boiled down to being too long. The plans are to eventually move the back/ATV track over on the other side of the fencing there, possibly within a couple years. The more quad turnouts we get, the better we are really, more of a future there for us. The track ground/area has more potential than any track around really.

Justin
JRSPAWN@aol.com

rooster400ex
01-07-2006, 08:14 AM
I always get dirtbikes running into me and crap, maybe if the track was alittle wider and no dirtbikes there would be many quads showing up. Also, a lot of my friends don;t like to go because of the price, and will only go a couple times a year so the membership isnt worth it to them, and they only go a couple times because of all the dirtbikes.

mole97
01-08-2006, 03:14 AM
BY THE LOOKS OF THIS THREAD, IS THIS A NEW TRACK THAT JUST OPEND? I NEVER HEARD OF IT TILL RECENTLY, AND THAN LIKE A WEEK AFTER FINDING THE WEBSITE FOR THE PARK I SAW IT ON VIVA LA BAM. I MAPQUESTED IT AND IT'S DEFINATLY WORTH A WEEKENDER,BUT I GOTTA AGREE I THINK THE PRICE IS JUST A LTTLE STEEP ESPECIALLY TO HAVE TO RIDE LIKE 2 1/2 TOGET THERE. DONT MEAN TO BASH ON THE PLACE,AS IVE NEVER BEEN THERE BUT I NEVER PAID THAT MUCH TO RIDE ANYWHERE? I LIVED IN NORTH CAROLINA FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS AND EVERYWHERE I RODE WAS LIKE 15 TO 20 BUCKS TO RIDE. I GOT SPOILED. I'LL DEFINATLY GIVE IT A TRY THOUGH. LOOKS LIKE AN AWSOME TRACK.

predator dad
01-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Just got home from riding at Blue Diamond today. I'm not real impressed with all the changes to the track. You can't really hit any jumps. The 2nd table top is impossible. Everyone was just riding over it. The mud had a lot to do with it.

jrspawn
01-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey, yeah i drove out to the track today and walked out on the track today to watch a little(i was wearing a grey hoody with a black AXIS hat if anyone saw me), the track wasnt in the best of shape due to mud and not being able to groom it. I saw a handful of quads there, wasnt any really jumping anything though. I can assure you everything except for the triple downhill is do able on a quad, its not just a c level rider track anymore, we are trying to make it a track for all levels. They had someone new on the dozer go out on the track and f'd it up bad. Some of the workers came to us and told us that some of the quad were complaining about adding jumps out there? I was a little confused, i mean its a MX track, we are trying to build a top notch technical track with jumps ranging from small to big, we are making all tabletops so people dont have to do or die on them. The lips are gonna be bigger and steeper( some of the lips were rutted today due to people riding over them when muddy, but again its a MX track) on the larger jumps as well with the landings to ease landing. The track used to be a basic flat track with a couple hills, everyone didnt like it and wanted a MX track, so we are building one. Again the track is not finished!!!! Dont get the wrong impression of it, by the end of winter it will be there, a great track for quads to practice on, and be able to step their game up majorly. And i dont understand why $25 is expensive to ride around here? Any track ive been to except seaford which is 20 now i believe, might even be 25 now too, was the same if not more, i mean its a track not just a open free ride park. I mean i will pay $25 any and all day to have a good track to practice at, rather to have it close and have nothing! Give it a little time guys, its still winter.

Justin

XxxTRiPxxX
01-08-2006, 08:09 PM
i went there today to. im pretty disappointed as well with that place. very little care is put into the quad track. its seems since they've opened that the quad area has only got worse. it would also be nice to have a nice path to the quad area without riding through 300ft of mud pits.

jrspawn
01-08-2006, 08:33 PM
well, im sorry to hear how you felt today about the track, but once more... ITS STILL WINTER! :D they are not gonna be able to up keep it when the ground freezes and thaws everyday and on the weekends there are people riding the track. GIVE IT TIME!!!!!!!!!!! the work is not done yet! As for the mud, we have had alot of rain recently, there's gonna be some mud, for the path, the ground is frozen most of the time, its only gonna get worse if they add dirt on top of that rode. Yeah the track was a little rough today, but again its a MX track, they do get a little rought sometimes, and again for the jumps, i KNOW they are do able on a quad, just bigger and a little more technical than what most riders of blue diamond are used to, they are all tabletops so they are learnable on, but know your boundries. This track is intended once again to challeng a rider into getting better, just like all MX tracks, ive raced about every local track and also GNC nationals, they all get rough/muddy/technical its all a part of a motocross track. I know not everyone likes tracks like that, and most wish there was a track that was pretty smooth with easier and not so scary of jumps(i know i did when i started racing), but its all a part of a track. Its not gonna be a real tame beginner track, we are trying to get this for a true MX quad track, that is quad friendly. But my biggest point....ITS STILL WINTER, THE TRACK IS NOT DONE, WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE BAD!!!! I can assure you when race season comes in, and the track is DONE, a MX orientated quad racer will not be let down.

Justin

mole97
01-09-2006, 02:00 AM
well , my bad on the too expensive part. $25.00 for some reason i thought 50.00? i agree 100 % with you about all the mud at this time of year. thats why i really dont do track riding till the spring (unless weve had really good weather) your always gonna have tons of mud no matter what this time of year.so with that said,i'll see ya in the spring. keep up the good work,cause for once it's nice to see someone doing something to make quad riders happy,and not just the dirtbikes::D

predator dad
01-09-2006, 02:57 AM
I saw you there. Were you taking a few pics too? I was on a white 06 YFZ. I'm still getting used to it. I'll give the track a chance...The mud at the bottom of each jump did suck though. Maybe they could add some dirt so the water won't lake up.

jrspawn
01-09-2006, 06:18 AM
hey, when we were working on the track i first tried adding dirt into the low water spots, seemed to work, but whenever we tracked back over it, it would just push it all back out kinda and get more sloppy, im guessing because of the frozen ground really. I think i saw you there too on the white yfz, i was just checkin out the track not taking any pics. I just cant stress enough though guys, give it time its not done yet. Its kinda like rebuilding your quad for the season, it takes a little time, and you wait until its all done to assemble and race, you dont go half ***** it to save time ad try to race something thats gonnna fall apart. Same theory with the track, its off season and its being "rebuilt" for the season coming. Mole97, thanks for the reply, i just hope everyone else realizes how much effort we are putting towards this. Myself, matt, and the blue diamond staff have and are putting a lot of time, money, and effort into this prodect to better the quad riding in the area. Thats why i couldnt believe it and was pissed when i got there and the guys working there said that the quads were complaining about it a didnt like it and so on. once again ITS WINTER, TRACK NOT FINISHED!(sorry, just had to get that out again:D ) and please dont bash it when its not done. For those that went out of their way to do that, think about it, wasnt too bright of a move, complain, have the track get upset with quads AGAIN, and not have anything, not too bright:huh please do not screw a good work in progress up for all, and have no place to ride.

thank you
Justin