PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke dirtbike question

pastfast125
01-05-2006, 11:05 PM
I have a 93 kx125. I was talking to eric gorr about getting a 144 big bore, and he said would be too exspensive, and after I talked to him I ruled the 144 out...but I was also talking to him about getting my bike ported, and shaving some off the cylinder bas for higher compression. Stock piston is a 54 I think, or it might be a 53, and I'm at 55....Will I notice a lot of power with a high comp. set up and porting? Also with a piston that much bigger, does that make my bike displacement a lot bigger? Anybody else running a similar set up..O I will also be running an FMF fatty, with a shorty silencer, and prob boysen Rad valve, 2 stage valve.

wilkin250r
01-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Stock is 54. A 55mm piston bumps the displacement up to 130cc.

The dirtbikes are pretty high-performance to begin with, and they already have pretty aggressive porting. On the older ATVs, you could get a 50% increase in power with a good port job. You won't see quite that much increase, but a good port job and some head mods will still provide you with a decent power boost.

Waynoka Local
01-07-2006, 04:34 AM
Be careful with how high you go with the compression. If you get greedy, you'll end up having to run race gas.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you plan to dump so much money into a 125 that is already thirteen model years old? I can understand if it was your first bike or you bought it new, but if it was me, I'd get something at least a decade newer. The value of 125s drops like a ton-o-bricks within a year. Look around, you can find a lot of very nice bikes for very little money, especially since a lot of riders are dumping their 125s for 250 thumpers. You can probably pick up a really clean bike with good mods for less than you will have wrapped up in your 93 when you're done. Just a thought.

pastfast125
01-07-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't mind running race gas. To tell you the truth, I don't know why I want to keep my KX. I guess it's because it was my first real "big bike." Plus I want something that is my own you know? Something that I created, made exactly how I want. So rather than me going out, spend like 1500 or more on another bike, THEN making it to how I want it, I'd rather just work on this one. PLus is just awesome when people find out what year it is, and they can't beleive it:D