PDA

View Full Version : 300ex power Question

badass300ex
01-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I just got my cam and piston. The cam is a Web all around and a stock bore high comp piston. Should I see a big power difference or should keep the motor stock until I save some more more to port and polish and maybe .60 piston.

kd5sfq
01-06-2006, 07:14 AM
You should see a performance gain with the all around cam and higher compression ratio. Since you have to take the head off to install the piston, it would be a good time to have it ported.

What are your goals for this engine? Are you wanting to run GNC or just want more power?

bwamos
01-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by badass300ex
I just got my cam and piston. The cam is a Web all around and a stock bore high comp piston. Should I see a big power difference or should keep the motor stock until I save some more more to port and polish and maybe .60 piston.

You see a good deal of difference w/ the piston and cam. I'm assuming you have a pipe and filter already? If not, look into one, you won't be dissapointed.

If your still stock pipe and filter, you'll see a good increase on the bottom , but your top end will still be choked off.

badass300ex
01-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Yes I got a full pipe, K&N, CDI upgrade. I just ride trails mostly maybe a spin around a track once in a wile.