PDA

View Full Version : steering stablizer questions...

blakefoote
01-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I just bought a steering stablizer and put it on my 400ex today...how much of a difference does it make? I turned itall the way up and turned the bars back and foward and then turned it down and moved the bars back and foward and there is a little difference but not much at all.....I havent gotten to ride it yet because it is still wet here from thebig rain so...does anyone have one? any info?:ermm:

QuadJunkies
01-06-2006, 01:08 AM
If it was installed right you should notice a BIG difference!! I crank mine all the way up when riding sand and some MX. only time I dont is when I FT. You should notice it when riding ,but I can tell with mine just sitting if its stiff or not

I wouldnt ride w/o mine:)

Which one did you get??

blakefoote
01-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
If it was installed right you should notice a BIG difference!! I crank mine all the way up when riding sand and some MX. only time I dont is when I FT. You should notice it when riding ,but I can tell with mine just sitting if its stiff or not

I wouldnt ride w/o mine:)

Which one did you get??

i got it from terry racing....im not sure which kind it is...it doesnt have a sticker or anything on it...:ermm:

Chino
01-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by blakefoote
i got it from terry racing....im not sure which kind it is...it doesnt have a sticker or anything on it...:ermm:

get a picture of it, and how you have it mounted, ill help you out from there...

blakefoote
01-06-2006, 02:39 PM
here yah go....

blakefoote
01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
yeah its a lil dirty too....:ermm:

Chino
01-06-2006, 04:31 PM
okay, looks like a denton or something very similiar, 7 click adjustable.

First thing when you move your handlebars from left to right you do not want the stabilizer to run out of play.

i.e. when you turn it to the right the rod will come out make sure it doesnt go all the way out before you turn your bars all the way to the right.

i.e. when you turn to the left the rod goes back into the stabilizer make sure it doesnt go all the way back in before you turn your bars all the way to the left.

How you have it setup in that picture almost looks like the bars are straight and the shaft is almost fully extended. Also make sure it does not bind on your steering stem at all, this will take some time and patience but try what i've said and if you do not notice any difference from 1 to 7 something is def wrong.

Is the stabilizer brand new? If not it most likely needs rebuilt if it is rebuildable, if you can't get it to turn harder on click 7 than click 1 I would contact who you bought it from and ask them further questions on this. Hope this helps out some, let me know on the updates.