PDA

View Full Version : should i.............

416exfreak
01-05-2006, 07:02 PM
hey guys, i know u all can help me with this, in about 6 more months, im gonna rebuild my 416 to a 440, shpuld i invest in some aftermarket a-arms, and continue racing mx, and jumping the 400, or should i get a 450r or yfz in a coupla years, im 13 now, and will be 15 in a year and a half...........ive been riding, banshees, raptors and ive rode 1 yfz, i didnt seem all that fast to me, probably because i just got off a 60 horse banshee......., and another option im considerin(not sure though), is gettin a Yz250 ,Cr250 ,or Kx250 dirtbike, please help me!:confused:

hondabro440
01-05-2006, 07:05 PM
well i got a 200 440ex and eaisly keeps up with the 450r and yfz and i would in vest in some a arams i got dentons but u should get some they keep it lookin good .. weell good louck with ur chose ... but plaease dont get a yahama

cjj
01-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Im 14 and i bought a yfz my self and let me tell u id do it over and over again the yfz is the best. And it responds to mods awesome.

416exfreak
01-06-2006, 07:06 PM
i just got my 416 back running today..............shatered the cam chain tensioner, goin over some dunes in albany, i still cant make up my mind as to what i want to do, ide like to be able to beat a yfz and 450r around a mx track, and a strait line, i may get a 450r, in a while, or a yfz, not sure, its tough, because the honda is actually faster in a top out race, but the yfz cuts better lap times, my dad suggested that i look at the new suzuki 450 thats comin out(I HATE SUZUKI!!!!!!!!), so im either gonna go with the honda or the yammy, watever i can aford at the time!
:o

trx400exxracer
01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
i just got my 416 back running today..............shatered the cam chain tensioner, goin over some dunes in albany, i still cant make up my mind as to what i want to do, ide like to be able to beat a yfz and 450r around a mx track, and a strait line, i may get a 450r, in a while, or a yfz, not sure, its tough, because the honda is actually faster in a top out race, but the yfz cuts better lap times, my dad suggested that i look at the new suzuki 450 thats comin out(I HATE SUZUKI!!!!!!!!), so im either gonna go with the honda or the yammy, watever i can aford at the time!
:o

you should build a xc quad and go racing with me I am 14 we are like the same age

or you could just keep the stock a-arms for xc get some xc shocks and race xc

I am racing some locals and I am getting ready for the nation GNCC when I am 16

There are a good bit of places to ride xc in GA and if you like travlin you could race GNCC when you get older

TacomaNC4X4
01-06-2006, 08:22 PM
wish my parents would have bought my 400ex for me...damn

416exfreak
01-09-2006, 05:19 PM
were do u race xc at, and my parents didnt buy my 400, i did, they hate the fact that i even have the thing!:huh dont know why though,....................... i glad i ordered my nerf bars though, i was jumpin some table tops at albany, and when i cam down my boot slid off the peg and went under the axle and got lodged there. dam that hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuss: any how.....

redlineranger
01-09-2006, 08:31 PM
i look at it like this.... keep dumping *** loads of money into a 400ex when you could get a yfz or 450r and do a few things to them and you'll smoke every 416/426 etc(well depends on rider ability to)..... but thats just how i look at it if it helps any. im sellin my 300 and gettin a job and i'll be buyin a yfz or 450r im not biased

XCRACER26
01-09-2006, 08:35 PM
450r, more capabilities than a 440ex or what ever.

416exfreak
01-10-2006, 07:11 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm, redlineranger u do have a good point there, i just wish i could ride some 1 elses yfz, but no 1 is gonna let a 13 year old kid go ride there 7000 dollar machine, although, i do ride my dads new rappy700 soetimes, i love the reverse feature, and he got some of the new holeshot HD's, im thinkin about gettin some to.......ill proly end up with a yfz, just because the 2 are so close togethere and i like the looks of the yammy, dont get me wrong, im a honda die-hard, but id rather go with the yammy for the looks.............:confused: , idk, ill figure it put when i get the money, im about to come ino a large sum anyhow though, cause of a car wreck i got into, and it wasnt my fault so im gettin paid!!:D , it screwed my leg up, it now has a 10mm titanium rod on the inside of the bone holding it all together, with some screws, and other crap................it suks, i cant run more than 2 miles because the swelling is bad, i used to run 7 every day, for the scool track team, anyhow..............later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:b lah:

hondardr4life
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Well, get rid of the 400, and get a 450. It says in your sig that you want a 250r. My thought was that theyre cheap, fast, and you can't beat the handling. But thats your decision. If you are planning on racing motocross, don't even think about XC. It will bore you to death. Clearing huge jumps with another quad right beside you in the air gives you a rush.

trx400exxracer
01-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Well, get rid of the 400, and get a 450. It says in your sig that you want a 250r. My thought was that theyre cheap, fast, and you can't beat the handling. But thats your decision. If you are planning on racing motocross, don't even think about XC. It will bore you to death. Clearing huge jumps with another quad right beside you in the air gives you a rush.

XC boring haha you must not be fast enough to keep up if you were you would see the rush

but if you want a 250r yeah those are nice fast cheap and have good handling

if you were to get a 450 I would get the yfz but that depends on your riding style

But I like the 400ex because of the way it feels it doesn't feel narrow and tippy as the 450r but after you throw some shocks on htere I geuss it wont make a diff.

but do what you want

hondardr4life
01-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Trust me, I was pretty fast in the woods, when I went into them. I just don't see the fun in getting COVERED from head to toe in mud and hitting trees, lol. You guys break too much stuff on your quads for me. I would cry if I took my nice quad into the trails and beat on it.

redlineranger
01-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
but id rather go with the yammy for the looks.............:confused:

looks can be deceiving(sp?)

trx400exxracer
01-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Trust me, I was pretty fast in the woods, when I went into them. I just don't see the fun in getting COVERED from head to toe in mud and hitting trees, lol. You guys break too much stuff on your quads for me. I would cry if I took my nice quad into the trails and beat on it.

If you race the right races you wont have mud on you like dont race the John Penton GNCC lol:D

but I have alot of fun racing in the tight woods because it is challenging

416exfreak
02-02-2006, 06:04 PM
.................:D , ummmmm, any 1 want to trade a 416 for a 250 r?..

j/k i wouldnt do that, the 416 is to rewliable, the new rappy has been in the shop 3 times now and its only 4 months old