PDA

View Full Version : Hot start cable

900rracer
01-05-2006, 06:26 PM
I bought a CRF 450 clutch perch with the hot start lever and it won't fit my stock 450R cable. Does anyone know If the CRF 450 cable will work with my stock carb? I am currently using a RMZ perch w/ hot start and it is kinda rigged it works OK, but I figured the CRF perch would work better. Any help on this would be appreciated.

DJJ450r
01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
i dont know bout the crf cable but i know baldwin makes a cable for it. and when u take the hot start cable out of the cable clean it really good sometimes the hot start get stuck if you dont

rowlrag
01-05-2006, 08:08 PM
If I remeber right the CRF cable does work but is a little longer. It has an adjuster in the cable to adjust the tension.

speedfreaksguy
01-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
i dont know bout the crf cable but i know baldwin makes a cable for it. and when u take the hot start cable out of the cable clean it really good sometimes the hot start get stuck if you dont

I ordered mine from Baldwin and it fits perfect with the CRF perch. He's right about lubing the hotstart plunger. I had to drill three of them last season because they seized. (all were FCR carbs)

900rracer
01-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I looked at a CRF cable and I saw the adjuster. I might check out Baldwin s cable. Thanks again.