PDA

View Full Version : WOW!! Never Thought that would happen!!!

Foxrage
07-04-2002, 01:44 PM
I was riding today and after a while of looking over my quad i noticed my upper shock mount was cracked. The only think i have hit is 20 and 30 foot doubles and a table top. I never thought it would happen to me.
I dont want to rip it apart and have it reinforced and crap in the middle of summer so do you think if i just weld it and get new shocks it will keep from craking untill this winter?

Juggalo
07-04-2002, 01:53 PM
damn dude that sucks. i'm surprised mine hasn't cracked yet! if your gonna get it welded you might as well get it reninforced..all you need to do is take off your front plastic and maybe your oil cooler. i'm THINKING about selling my works triple rates with remotes for 500 bucks, their still really new they only have a handful of rides on em.

Pro400EXC
07-04-2002, 01:57 PM
Dang son,that sucks.

I put my frame to **** and back. I was doin this hill jump,and i'd go straight up,and flat land like from 5ft in the air,and so on, and one time I nose dived soo bad, sand flew over my head.

So I am very thankful i guess some frames where better than others?I dunno cause some ppl break there's,and others don't.

Foxrage
07-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Hey if you get the money for your ingury and get a new frame you going to give me yours??? LOL
I will probly add something but i dont want it looking ****y.

trx400ex
07-04-2002, 05:48 PM
i had taken mine to get welded by a PROFESSIONAL welder when i first broke it, i have broken everything else, and the weld has held strong...ps dont ride on it cracked, thats what i did and i snapped one frame tube clear in half!

Claas900
07-04-2002, 06:39 PM
.Here this might help...http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/frame/frame.htm
Thanks

400exRacerX
07-04-2002, 08:57 PM
That is a really good article thanks for sharing the link.

07-04-2002, 09:01 PM
if it is a 400 mine and all my friends have cracked on the weld on the back side of the shock mount
u dont need to tear it apart
just weld the crack and then put gussets in on each side

Dave400ex
07-04-2002, 09:58 PM
For the Guys that have Cracked or messed up their Stock Frame, were you still running Stock Shocks? I hope if I get Aftermarket Shocks I don`t have to worry about having problems with the Frame as much. Thanks

Evan
07-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Warriorman, I thought the same thing. But mine cracked also and I have axis shocks, althougth I do some hard landings and mildly big jumps. But the funny thing is mine didnt crack on the brace or wherever everybody elses seems to crack, mine cracked right above that on the frame itself. It had a crack running almost all the way around it. I had it re welded and gusseted on that spot. If the other side cracks I will get it gussted and welded also. I figured it was a freak accident.

NacsRacing400
07-05-2002, 08:59 AM
X-rider, mine cracked in the same place, above the mount all the way through the tubes on both sides.

Dave400ex
07-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Well those weren`t the Replies I was looking for. I guess I will just do what you Guys do, if I have a problem with my Frame I will just fix it. Thanks.

Foxrage
07-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Ya i would say most of them happen on stock shocks butsome happen with aftermarket.
I like that the fact this happened it will give me a reason to convince my mom to get me shocks.

400exBro
07-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
i'm THINKING about selling my works triple rates with remotes for 500 bucks, their still really new they only have a handful of rides on em.

didn't you just buy those ???
jesse you change your mind pretty fast.
Bro