PDA

View Full Version : Alright need some help on ordering parts...

rmz250
01-05-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm buying another rmz250 hopefully. It needs new piston and rings. Its got a white bros full aluminum pro exaust, pro tapers fat bars, new kenda millville tire, renthals, and tag sprockets and regine gold chain. Hes selling it for 1500. Its in great condition but has low compression. What I need to know is whats the best place to order piston/rings and valves? I need to keep the budget within about 400 bucks if all possible. Thanks and reccomend the place to get these parts for the cheapest. Thanks

derekhonda
01-05-2006, 06:41 PM
well, you dont sound like you know a ton about engines. I would take a mechanic with you and have him look it over. If everything still runs and it is just low on compression, $30 worth of rings and gaskets would solve your problem. If it needs a piston, there is another 100. However if it needs valves....i would tell you just not to buy it.

rmz250
01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I don't know a ton about engines? It doesn't need valves I just wanted to go with the one piece titanium valves because the stock valves aren't all that great.

derekhonda
01-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Im not sure if that was a question or a statement? If you are thinking about replacing valves in something that hasnt dropped or broken one, yes....you dont know engines.

01-05-2006, 07:38 PM
If you buy that and the motors tanked, ittl cost you way more to repair it then what you bought it for. Just keep the rm-z you already have.

rmz250
01-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Im not sure if that was a question or a statement? If you are thinking about replacing valves in something that hasnt dropped or broken one, yes....you dont know engines.

Obviously you don't know anything about the valve problems on the rmz.

derekhonda
01-05-2006, 10:51 PM
obviously not, go ahead and buy a ****ed up machine then and you fix it, obviously you have it all figured out and know everything since you dont even know how to order parts you ignorant ****head

01-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by rmz250
Obviously you don't know anything about the valve problems on the rmz. I have 2. If you maintain them, theres no problem. You're really an *******.

rmz250
01-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
I have 2. If you maintain them, theres no problem. You're really an *******.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about mr. know it all.