PDA

View Full Version : HMF slip on...sounds baaad!

Drtridr18
07-03-2002, 10:37 PM
Put the HMF silencer on, finally came in the mail. Wow...got the polished can and spark arrestor...totally custom, handmade look...shiny, and sounds awesome....deeper than my Yosh.:), and got quite a bark to 'er!

Over all pretty good quality, found a few details that weren't quite as trick as my Yosh, but no huge deal i guess. Mounted up well, except for where it slips on to the stock header, it's metal to metal-with a good clamp, and a veerry tight fit, so tight that it took a few 4 letter words, a pair of tin snips, a ball peen, and a little patience-can't imagine it's like that on all of them, but it looks and sounds great...wish i could have gotten the full system, but instead, i'm going to grind the welds on my stock header, grind smooth the heatshield, and have it coated or polish it myself...haven't had a chance to ride it tho.

I want to keep my airbox lid on, I still have the K&N power kit and settings from my Yosh., 146 D/J main, D/J needle on 3rd clip, stock pilot, screw 3.5 turns out. HMF said with their dyno runs, they put airbox vent holes in, and 160-170 main, but i wanna keep the lid for safety. As of now-just starting it, warming a lil bit, and revving it, seems it could use a change.

Anybody have any ideas for me? As far as jetting??

Thanks a lot!

Honda99_300ex
07-04-2002, 09:13 PM
hey man, i was looking at the hmf......how loud is it?........and how much did it cost??????? thanks

flyin300
07-04-2002, 09:35 PM
hey, I was looking into a HMF for my 300.. it looks, and sounds like a good slip on.. I have a DG full system right now and I hate it.. I'm gonna call HMF one of these days and order a slip on.. do you think the slip on would fit on my DG headpipe.. I'm not sure.. I may have to just use the stock headpipe.... thanks

flyin

TRAIL
07-04-2002, 10:02 PM
I love my HMF, sometime si just sit in the garage and rev it up to hear it bark. It gives pretty good power increase for 189 bucks.

RdingManiac420
07-04-2002, 10:12 PM
Trail, where did you get your new pipe at?

TRAIL
07-04-2002, 10:15 PM
I ordered it direct from HMF. Arrived in alittle less than one week. I think it was 206 to my door.