PDA

View Full Version : how long after???

TRX_450
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
i know there was a thread on this not too long ago but im not gonna go look for one post becuz it was so long...so....how long after workin out is the best time to take protein supplements/ shakes??? any help would be great

Guy400
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Roughly 20 minutes.

fasterblaster09
01-05-2006, 04:58 PM
I was told in the thread no longer than 30 minutes.

TRX_450
01-05-2006, 05:04 PM
im takin amplify smoothies the chocolate kind....it tatses like ***...lol...anybody else take amplify?

(T) (L) (U)
01-05-2006, 05:04 PM
its actually best to take it approx. 30 min after wards

Die hard honda
01-05-2006, 07:15 PM
everybody i know takes creotine (sp?) but they dont take it right after they lift, as long as its like 4 times a day.

pastfast125
01-05-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm subscribed to some lifting site, they say take protein an hour before and immediatly after a work out

edak
01-05-2006, 08:21 PM
was taking Nitro Explosion..but i guess i had some temper problems so i am down to whey protein..d*** i miss that stuff..

hondardr4life
01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Stay away from creotine. They don't know the long term effects of it yet. Creotine (sp?) is a substance secreted by your liver, and taking more of it will help you built muscle, but the best way i can describe it is, have you ever used chapstick for a long time, and then stopped using it and your lips got really chapped. Well thats the thing with creotine, its fine while your taking it, but noone knows what will happen after you stop taking it. A lot of people take whey protein, and like it a lot. about 30 minutes is the best time after lifting to take supplements.

400exrules
01-06-2006, 02:04 PM
yah, ive heard whey protein is pretty much the safest, cleanest, and best thing to use without risking your health and stuff

i might get a gym membership this year and start workin out more, if i do im gonna take 100% whey protein

gun32boarder
01-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Stay away from creotine. They don't know the long term effects of it yet. Creotine (sp?) is a substance secreted by your liver, and taking more of it will help you built muscle, but the best way i can describe it is, have you ever used chapstick for a long time, and then stopped using it and your lips got really chapped. Well thats the thing with creotine, its fine while your taking it, but noone knows what will happen after you stop taking it. A lot of people take whey protein, and like it a lot. about 30 minutes is the best time after lifting to take supplements.

I do not know how you can say that about creatine because i know for a fact (unless you are a vegitarian) that you ingest creatine on a semi-day to day basis. It is found naturally in meats and is expecially abundant in red meats. Also to dispute your long term studies. Here i present you an article citing scientific studies.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne22.htm

trx400exxracer
01-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life

I know the long term efects if you take creatine and you have children

boy= 1 nut

girl= 1 boob
lol

I take 100% whey protien and Soy protien:macho

01-06-2006, 06:55 PM
i just had some kind of protein shake, yummy:chinese:

Chino
01-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Anyone ever think of just working our on a regular basis and not using any supplements

:rolleyes:

je450
01-06-2006, 11:16 PM
with creatine you have to cycle it if you take it long enough your body will get used to it and will not produce sufficient amounts.
im about to start taking no-explode and something called halodrol for football.

mole97
01-07-2006, 12:11 AM
I DRINK PROTIEN POWDER EVERY DAY. WITH THAT,MAKE SURE YOU DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.DID YOU EVER MAKE A DRINK AND THAN LEAVE THE GLASS IN THE SINK AND SEE HOW HARD THAT SH$T GETS? I KNOW A GUY AT MY GYM,LONG STORY SHORT DRANK TONS OF PROTIEN,NEVER ANY WATER, AND THAT S#$T CRYSTYLIZED(SP) GOT MAJOR KIDNEY STONES AND DOCTOR SAYS CAUSED BY DRINKING THE PROTEIN AND NOT ENOUGH WATER.WETHER IT'S TRUE OR NOT DON'T KNOW,BUT SOUNDS LOGICAL.:ermm:

MR.BIG
01-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by je450
with creatine you have to cycle it if you take it long enough your body will get used to it and will not produce sufficient amounts.
im about to start taking no-explode and something called halodrol for football.

Halodrol works very well but you will fail a piss test. It gives you lots of energy and good strength gains without a lot of side effects just be careful since you are under 18.

miller821
01-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Take protein rite before a work out, or rite after cause its easier to circulate through your body.

Sjorge450R
01-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Chino
Anyone ever think of just working our on a regular basis and not using any supplements

:rolleyes:

you need protien to help heal your muscles. If you dont take it 15-30min after your work out, your muscles wont heal in time for the next day.

gun32boarder
01-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Protein is needed but not in powder form, eating right provides i wouldn't say enough sometimes but a suficent about to rebuild.

400exrules
01-07-2006, 08:04 PM
if u workout, dont take protein supplements, or eat enough protein, you will be sore for longer, until you ingest enough to rebuild the muscles right? a straight, whey protein doesnt enhance the building any does it? it just rebuilds the muscles quicker so you can get back in the gym right?

hondardr4life
01-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
if u workout, dont take protein supplements, or eat enough protein, you will be sore for longer, until you ingest enough to rebuild the muscles right? a straight, whey protein doesnt enhance the building any does it? it just rebuilds the muscles quicker so you can get back in the gym right?

exactly, whey protein helps with recovery time a lot. I lift chest/upper body one day, then lower the next, then upper, then lower. The faster your recovery time is, the better off you will be the next time you lift that area of your body.