PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Design (other than this industry)

Dan_Guetter
01-05-2006, 09:07 AM
You may think lame, but I do design for major retail and big corporations.....

My boss, (Mr Target) gets me jobs like this...all the way to Xbox design, to poker identity logos, Wall stickers, ect ect

Not blowing smoke up your arse, this is what I do……here is the first stage of bottle design with a chrome cork and logo identity

01-05-2006, 09:18 AM
That looks really nice. You might want to stick a white lens flare under the flower to brighten it up a little bit, the color it is now makes it look like it doesn't belong. Lens flares, depending where you position them, can really make some sweet lighting. (well, i'm sure you already know that:p )

01-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Like this, then the color of the petals kinda blend with the color of the bottle.

stiffy
01-05-2006, 01:15 PM
That is so cool I am going to take a photoshop class at the local community college it's just a 2 class thing but hopefully I will learn something. Do any of you guys know of a software that is affordable that can turn a picture or another kind of graphic and turn it into a vector image? I am trying to screen print t-shirts and I have a really hard time getting images cleaned up I have been trying to make this one a black and white ( white background )

stiffy
01-05-2006, 01:27 PM
BTW how long did you have to go to school or is it something you just happen to be very talented in?

ZeroLogic
01-05-2006, 01:49 PM
I use to be really into that stuff during the summer but I lost intrest in it when I got more into my quad. Lol

Are you a member of this site? http://forums.cgsociety.org/

Rip_Tear
01-05-2006, 02:14 PM
My brother is a graphic designer, he uses Photo Shop, Flash and a ton of other programs, he really enjoys what he does. I think he is crazy for what he can do with things. You've got my respect if you can draw/anything to do with drawing, because I can't do anything other then the basics...

01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Nice man,

I bet those pay pretty well..

It's also pretty cool knowing you design your own companies graphics, so you get exactly what you want, and don't have to pay and wait for someone else to do it for you.

Guy400
01-05-2006, 04:56 PM
No shame in that. You design for major corporations and it pays the bills.

FTR250Rnif
01-05-2006, 05:05 PM
thats right w/e makes you money. I just recently got into designing graphicsd for the Nascar East series. the cars i just desgined this week are gonna lock a deal for a quarter mil.:eek2:
hope i get a nce cut a that:D

Ralph
01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I wanna see more work:)

Atkins
01-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by FTR250Rnif
thats right w/e makes you money. I just recently got into designing graphicsd for the Nascar East series. the cars i just desgined this week are gonna lock a deal for a quarter mil.:eek2:
hope i get a nce cut a that:D

Woah, what? Are you doing it for fun or did they hire you to do it??? Thats badass.

Dan, im sure thats some good change for your pocket to help you guys out for sure. Also something great to fall back on incase you need some extra cash.

cool 300ex
01-05-2006, 08:27 PM
That's cool man if you can do the work do it anyway you can.

ny300exrider
01-06-2006, 05:36 AM
thats awsome man, im still undecided on what i want to do in life, but i can never get drawing/graphic design out of my head. i love drawing and making logos and am getting into photoshop, but i dont know if i could make it big enough to be succesful. i've been into art since i was little and i recently did some snowmobile related drawings and posted them on a sled site, and people seemed to like them alot. theres things like teaching that would be a great job, just i dont want to chose a career that i am not really interested in.