PDA

View Full Version : yet another jetting question

jcs327
01-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Yea, I know, it's been beaten to death, but here goes.... I am running 162 main, stock filter, 2 & 3/4 turns on fuel screw, needle clip 4th position at 500' altitude with an fmf titanium 4 slip on and no airbox lid. sometimes I have fire coming from the muffler and it has alot of black soot. Am I too lean or too rich? Also, if I am running fast and go from full throttle to idle suddenly, it goes dead. Any suggestions?

jsmith2232
05-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I have close to the same thing goin, we put in a 165main 45 pilot stock needle, gytr pipe, header and air filter. it idles great pops and shoots flames in the middle and seems good on top end. can someone please help fast.

jeff graves
05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
you are to lean on the main jet and the pilot jet is good adjust you air - fuel screw in and then 1/2 turns out until your popping goes I am currently running a motorcycle needle in my 450 and the 45 pilot and a 190 main jet and the air fuel is out probably 2-3 turns and there is no popping you can adjust that popping with air fuel screw ,some people like to run it lean for max horse power I like to run it fatter for relibility and my own preference but you can run 170- 185 main and still have a good running quad.I like to run a fat main jet till I see some black smoke then come back a size or 2 on the main